Whoopsey

choc

Reaction score
I accidentally on purpose bought a Nintendo switch in black Friday deal 😄. We can't afford it and have never spent so much on one item before, ever. But... It's the 1 thing he's desperate for, it will make his Christmas amazing. We were all ready to find a bargain on a PS4 at around £160 but there was nothing less than £199 so ended up thinking sod it and spending £270 on the one he really wanted instead. I feel a bit sick when I see that amount of money written down 🤢
Have to keep reminding myself it will be worth it on Christmas morning.
Anyone else done similar this year?! Make me feel better!

I spent almost £170 on Ghostbusters Playmobil if that helps. I was doing really well, DS4 was way under budget then I saw it and needed it all for him. It is 6 sets, and i could split it between him and ds3 and they will get a lot of use from it. And it's something I won't mind playing with them with so we'll get bonding time and their faces will be amazing. But year, it's still like omg how did I do that?

Ha ha I’m as bad as both of you - I just totally out of the blue brought my oh a PS4 today and then I let my mum spend £150 on playmobil for my kids most of which was ghostbusters!

I haven't but after baby was born a couple of weeks ago OH mentioned he'd picked up a little gift for Lucas from baby. I was expecting a teddy or something, came home and he'd got him a Nintendo Switch. Weeks before Christmas, I nearly killed him :lol:

Thanks ladies!
Kate&lucas that is worse than mine!
I think it's just that we have never even close to spent that much on a gift before! And we aren't exactly loaded right now!

I might have spent £600 this morning on a Sonos Playbase for DH. His birthday is a few weeks after Christmas so he won’t be getting much for that.

Oh and we also just bought next summers holiday.....

It's a lot of money but I think you were right to spend the extra on what he really wanted !

I've not bought anything this Black Friday ... yet lol still time !

It is a lot of money but it sounds like he will be so happy with his present on Christmas day :xmas9:

That's the thing, he will go absolutely mad! I'll be filming as he opens it!

I haven't but after baby was born a couple of weeks ago OH mentioned he'd picked up a little gift for Lucas from baby. I was expecting a teddy or something, came home and he'd got him a Nintendo Switch. Weeks before Christmas, I nearly killed him :lol:

Aww congratulations Kate&Lucas, hope you're both doing well x x x

And i completely understand your OH spoiling your son, i was the same. Although admittedly not that close to xmas lol

Im feeling loads better reading all these posts. I try to be sensible but sometimes you just think sod it! They're little for such a short time and those faces when they unwrap presents they never thought they would get is just priceless.

Yes although ours was £300 from game on offer with 2 games. And an ipad for ds2 :dohh: it will be worth it on christmas morning to see their faces :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->