Who's working Christmas day?

Rhio92

Connor, Saskia, OH & Me
Reaction score
I've been called in to work Christmas morning 7-12 and boxing day night :sad1: I don't mind too much but OH is in a really bad mood about it. DS is going to his dad's Christmas eve until 2pm Christmas day.

I was thinking of coming home, having our big dinner and then doing presents when DS gets home. OH and DD could have a relaxing morning at home.

Anyone else?

We both have jobs where we are off Christmas day (DH was working boxing day but didn't get called in). I do feel for your DH but if your son isn't there Christmas morning I think doing it all in the afternoon sounds a great idea.

i've managed to luck out and get christmas day and boxing day off this year, but i usually have to work. i'm in the 1st and 2nd january instead!

i think it sounds good having your christmas once your DS gets home, so your work won't really interfere with that anyway! it sucks having to work public holidays :(

OH has worked 3 Christmases in a row PLUS New Year's. He's got 2 weeks off his main job (family business) but working Christmas Eve for his other job.

That doesn't sound too bad, your Oh will get over it once he's slept on it. You weren't going to be able to start Christmas Day properly till 2 anyway, so 12 isn't so bad! Maybe he and your DD could plan something Christmassy in the morning?

I'm working Christmas eve and the new year period but off Christmas day and Boxing day this year. I worked Christmas last year and generally the staff swap year about to make it fair.

I'm making a steak pie for our dinner on the 1st and each staff member has a food and drink item to take in for the day. Need to do something to pass a 12 hour shift haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->