Why am I suddenly bleeding?!

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
I've had three vaginal deliveries, followed by my emergency c-section 16 days ago.

My discharge had slown down to pretty much nothing. Yesterday it was the yellowish lochia discharge. Then, an hour ago, I started bleeding. It's bright red like a period. Is this normal 16 days post-csection?

I've had three vaginal deliveries, followed by my emergency c-section 16 days ago.

My discharge had slown down to pretty much nothing. Yesterday it was the yellowish lochia discharge. Then, an hour ago, I started bleeding. It's bright red like a period. Is this normal 16 days post-csection?

I suffered from secondary postpartum hemorrhage 12 days after my c-section. I went from minimal bleeding to heavy bleeding like someone flipped a switch. I called my doctor when I started passing giant clots (about the size of a tangerine). If you fill a pad within an hour, you should call your doctor.

My scenario is (I think) pretty rare and out of the norm. In my case, it took 2 visits to the ER before it was determined that I needed 2 blood transfusions and a D&C. I was told after the D&C that if my bleeding didn't stop, a hysterectomy was a possibility.

I'm sure this won't be the case for you, but do keep an eye on the bleeding and keep an eye out for passed clots. If you fill a pad within a hour, pass clots larger than a golf ball, or start to feel lightheaded, call your doctor.

For me that was pretty normal. I would stop completely for a day or two and then all of a sudden start right back up. Lasted for 5 weeks, my doctor assured me everything was fine and it was normal.

Like pp said, if you fill a pad in less than an hour or pass large clots, you should call your doctor.

Sounds normal to me too....about three weeks or so pp my bleeding started to decrease to just brown cm...I thought it was ending. One day it started back up again....bright red blood, period amount. It lasted another three weeks and stopped again. I got my first pp af at eight weeks pp.

If you are worried don't hesitate to call your dr especially if you are passing clots as well!

Were you more active yesterday than you have been previously? My midwife warned me that an increase in activity will cause heavier bleeding.

Sounds normal to me. If you pass anything larger than an egg, contact your OB/GYN ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->