why betamethosone?

lexxi

Reaction score
I went into labor and delivery because i had been having a slight trickle of fluid for a week. I went in and got swabbed and it was sent off to the lab. The test came back negative for amniotic fluid. But my doctor ordered a fetal fibrobectin test after that, that test came back positive.. My cervix length is fine, my cervix is closed and i had no.contractions in the 6 hours i spent in labor and delivery. The nurse.said my doctor ordered 12 mg of betamethosone that day and the next and then i'd come back for another.course in a few weeks. i can never get my doctor on the phone so i have really had no explanation of whats going on, i am 32 weeks and never thought i would go through a pre term labor scare like this and i am truly in the dark. I have never had a preterm baby i always carry to term or within a few days.. can this injection cause harm if it is not needed?

No, it can only help. I got them at 33 weeks when I lost my mucous plug and was 1 cm dilated, 90% effaced, and having contractions every 4 minutes (that I could not even feel). They did not do a fibrobectin test on me, but since yours came back positive, they are just taking all the proper precautions to make sure your baby's lungs will be in the best shape that they can be should you deliver in the next week.

No. I got it as well. I am being induced early,my doc gave it at just before 34 weeks just incase preterm labor because currently getting chemotherapy for breast cancer and at risk for preterm labor. Getting betamethasone gets lungs ready and reduces chance of brain bleed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->