Why can't I stay pregnant?

hellbaby

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wanted to pick your brains. Have just had chemical pregnancy #4 and am really starting to worry. Went to docs after 3rd one and he only counted one of them (had v v faint lines for two of them but a bfp on a digi for the 3rd) and said to come back if I have 2 more! He was doubtful about whether I would be seen if he referred me due to my age (43) and the fact that my partner and I already have a dd. What can I do to help myself? I've heard of people taking baby aspirin, vit B6 and progesterone but have no idea what would be relevant to me. Any advice welcome, time is of the essence!

I dont have any advice but just wanted to say sorry for your losses.

Is it worth seeing another doctor who might do some basic tests for you now?

:hugs:

I think you should definitely see another doctor. Because you are 43 surely isn't a reason for you to not get help. Some GP's are extremely unhelpful, and you need to find one that is sympathetic. Sorry for all your losses. :hugs:

Surely he is thinking about fertility treatment - but you are looking for investigation in to recurrent mc -surely the two are seperate things. I understand that IVF etc is limited ( rightly or wrongly ) by age but you aren't having trouble getting pg but staying pg - it might be relatively easy to fix if it's a hormonal issue.

I think you also need to insist on all your mcs being noted on YOUR medical file.

Maybe contact the miscarriage association for advice in to your rights to investigation in relation to your age - going in armed with knowledge of your rights might help - oh and a new doctor.

hx

I would definately get a second opinion - your age and the fact that you have a child already shouldn't make a blind bit of difference!! The fact that he isn't counting two of them isn't professional either, sounds like his bedside manner needs a boot! Consider this a virtual hug from me sweetheart x

Thanks everyone, you've given me a boost, will make an appointment with a different doc tomorrow x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->