Why do the organic cotton prefolds get all dimpled/puckered?

CloudyDay

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the abovementioned problem? :shrug:

When I first purchased my lovely organic cotton prefolds, they were smooth and soft. After the first wash/dryer cycle, they remained nice and soft but they've become permanently dimpled/puckered. I'd describe the dimples like: when you pull a loose thread on a piece of fabric and it makes the fabric pucker up. Get what I mean? :)

I just find it annoying because the puckers make it so that the folds don't stay put... the prefold just wants to spring back open and flat!

Any solutions to this problem other than ironing every single one after each wash?? :dohh:

It's supposed to do that :) It's called quilting up. They do that and it makes them more absorbent, def a good thing

Well, you learn something everyday! :) I shall now look at what I thought of as a flaw, as a bonus! :thumbup: Now you've got my curiosity going! Why does the fabric do this, exactly? I couldn't find any info after doing some Googling.

It's more than one layer and it's like they are all puffing up. The washing gets all the oils and such out that's naturally there, so that makes them more absorbent. They also shrink some like all real cotton does so that's why it looks like it kinda pulls where those seems are

mommyof3co: thanks! You're always so helpful to everyone... you're so super knowledgeable!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->