Why does LO get upset when it's time for food?

Celine35

Lucy, aged 4 and 39wks
Reaction score
...Really don't know why LO is doing this
I get him (5 months) in his chair and put his bib on, he sees the food and gets upset. :cry:He tries to grab the bowl and looks like he wants it but can't understand the tears and grunts. Any ideas???

Thanks mums :hugs:

probably realises how hungry he is when he sees the dinner stuff come out, and is crying out of impatience i would think :)

I've had trouble with feeding AJ. Were only just eating meals happily now at 9 months! I'm here if you have any questions..:D

Does he like eating? Is he eating well?
Is he wanting to play with the bowl? (sorry for all the q's!)

What about letting him play with the bowl and you having his meal in a seperate bowl.

Yep he does seem to like eating and will finish his food - it's just that it beomes a bit of a battle! I like the idea about playing with a bowl - i might try that later to distract his thoughts! Thanks Charliebear may be coming to you with more questions!
:hugs:

Celinexx

Have you tried letting him feed himself?

maybe let him have his own spoon too. it does mean you have to buy 6 million spoons cos they all go on the floor. I put out toys and some finger food too. those organix crisp things go down well. Finn gets honky when he wants a drink but is too lazy to use the sippy himself, too.

Yep he does seem to like eating and will finish his food - it's just that it beomes a bit of a battle! I like the idea about playing with a bowl - i might try that later to distract his thoughts! Thanks Charliebear may be coming to you with more questions!
:hugs:

Celinexx

No problem. :)

If were not having alot of finger foods, I put a few washable toys on AJ's tray, so he's got something - he gets a bit fed up with bowls and spoons. x

We have this problem sometimes too. He always tries to grab the spoon of me so I tried letting him feed himself, however that just ended up with food all over the floor. So I give him another spoon to play with and he's fine! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->