Why does nobody use Bambino Mio now? And have you sold nappies on Bnb?

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
Does anybody use Bambino Mio nappies now? When I first started investigating reusable nappies more than 18 months ago, loads of people were talking about Bambino Mio. At least two of my friends bought and used these nappies. Now, however, Bambino Mio seem to have a very low resale value on eBay and The Used Nappy Co auction website, so I'm wondering whether parents are preferring the more 'technical' nappies such as Tots Bots, where you can do all-in-one, or at least semi all-in-one. I personally much prefer my Tots Bots, but I am surprised that nobody seems to use Bambino Mio - surely they can't have gone out of fashion in just a couple of years?

While I'm here, have any of you bought or sold nappies via BnB? Would you recommend doing so, or is it easier to put straight on eBay or The Used Nappy Co.?

Thanks

I'm not sure about Bambino Mio, though I started looking at nappies about a year ago and I never came across much that was very positive about them. Maybe it just depends where you read about them?

I much prefer to buy and sell nappies on BnB because you tend to know people here or at least be able to see that others have bought from them in the past and had no probs. On ebay you can't sell used nappies, though I have bought some cheapy new pocket nappies on there and had no problems. I have used the Used Nappy Company to buy twice. The first time was great but the second was awful. As it works very much like ebay, it feels safe but it's not really. Even if you pay with paypal, you don't stand a chance of getting your money back if you buy something that's unfit etc and have to rely on an unknown seller being decent to get a refund. I won't be buying from there again.

I think in the last couple of years a lot more nappies have come on the market hence the swing in preferance. Heck, since I started looking last summer and now most people I spoke to then have different preferences and recommendations already, I think the cloth market is evolving fairly quickly still, some great nappies have come out recently (BG Flips and TB Stretchies for example) so Mios have been left in the dust a bit. They are harder work, less absorbent, not very pretty and not the best at containment.

I have bought and sold plenty on here, fully recommend it as noone is dodgy (I think Ive bought from or sold too pretty much everyone LOL) Usednappies is ok, Ive bought from there but not sold. Ebay is fine for new nappies, Ive sold several lots on there for much more money than I expected.
There are other forums around such as Cloth Nappy Tree and Natural Mamas were you can find new and preloved, its great but like ebay you can get the odd one where it takes forever to send etc so you have to be careful BUT 99% of sales and purchases Ive made on other forums have gone perfectly smoothly.

I never bought any as all I heard about them was that they were rubbish (OK, maybe a coupel of "OKish" reviews. They seemed to be very talked about because they were and still are available to buy at shops, both local and big stores. I think if people don't have access to more info, it might be the route they go :)

O and re buying/selling, i've done both on BnB :D Bought a couple of bits off UNC but you can only sell new on ebay :)

the first nappies i ever bought were mio's, I liked them at first but then i discovered the other nappies bumgenius, blueberry etc and juts preferred them no faffinf folding etc. Also not sure if it's because a lot of high street retailers sell mios now (boots, wilkinsons, toys r us etc) so they became a popular option.

I don't know anything really about Bambino Mios I'm afraid.

I tend to offer everything for sale on BnB first and then go to Cloth Nappy tree if no luck. I'd also prefer to buy from BnB too as at least I know no-one would sell anything dodgy or try to con us :D

I agree pretty much with what everyone else said. I looked at Bambino Mio's as I had a Gift Voucher for Boots but they just looked too much like a faff tbh and I was trying to convince OH to use cloth and they didn't look like they'd help with my case :haha:

Im gonna take that zimma off you shortly sezzle you bugger

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->