Why is doctor panicking so much?

EmilyDB1993

Reaction score
So hi, I'm a bit of an almost-regular here now, I just need something to put my mind at ease.

So I went to the doctors yesterday at 4. We spoke, and at the end as I was leaving, I had my hand on the door handle, and I mentioned to him the pain I've been having.

I told him, "I've been having these pains in my stomach, they come and go, they've been there for about a week ,and a few times something has moved under my rib"

So his face drops, and he hurries me onto the sofa so he can feel my stomach, and then he looks at me and says, "I think its important we get you in for an ultrasound. Quickly" and there on my doorstep, this morning, a day later, is an appointment for the ultrasound.

Why is he so worried? I'm almost positive its not pregnancy, and if it was, the baby would have to be huge to be moving around inside me, and I got a negative on a HPT a few weeks ago so it's certainly not pregnancy

I'm just worried about whats wrong with me! I have PCOS but I'm sure a cyst wouldnt be under my rib without being noticeable from the outside? xx

may not be anything related to pregnancy there is more than 1 reason for pain in the abdomen , upon his examination he may have felt something that was englarge etc and wants to scan u just incase u may have somethin, I have been admitted to hospital and several scans due to abdo pain, turned out to be something everytime , not to worry you though sometimes its not that serious but i wouldn't complain if my doctor has a sense of urgency rather be dealt with ASAP

He might think you've got gallstones your gallbladder might have been inflamed x

Ok thanks guys, I was just worried. I know its definitely not pregnancy, I'm in a bit of pain right now but got the scan on Monday so fingers crossed it gets sorted x

I wish I had a doctor like that, he cares about your health whereas mines dont give a damn! let us know how the scan goes

Did he not say what he was suspecting?

So you're confident it's not pregnancy? I've heard of some ladies never getting a positive on HPTs but bloods giving them a BFP :shrug:

It could well be a pregnancy, you know. Pain under the ribs in pregnancy can be a sign of pre-eclampsia so it would be urgent to check so as to get treatment.

Though my SIL has PCOS and once had a massive 22lb cyst that was abot 18inches long and was causing her pain under her ribs and a constant cough. Her doctor repeatedly missed it until her mum asked a friend, who is a doctor, and they said instantly that it sounded like a cyst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->