Why is my baby doing this? 1 month old...

Skywalker

Reaction score
He is feeding every hour and sometimes more than every hour throughout the night from about 10pm to 7am, but then sleeping many hours at a time during the day and spacing out feedings 4-5 hours.This has gone on like 3days. I am exhausted. He has plenty of dirty and wet diapers and good weight gain.

Sounds like he's cluster feeding because he's hitting a growth spurt/wonder week. Not fun but it does pass! You just need to be prepared for them and know that it isn't going to be forever.
It is also possible that he has his nights and days mixed up but I'm not sure if that would happen at this point. My daughter had this in the beginning and it took a few days to programme her out of it.

Here's a link to a bit of information on growth spurts and wonder weeks:
https://www.essentialbaby.com.au/ba...h-spurts-and-wonder-weeks-20120416-1x3fw.html

This is very common - some babies do it from birth!! Sounds like you've just hit a growth spurt if your LO hasn't done this before. These come (usually, although not the same for all babies) 3 weeks, six weeks, three months.

I agree with the other gals. Many times, they do their cluster feeding overnight, because that's when your prolactin levels are the highest. It's exhausting for you, of course, but excellent for building supply! Hang in there!

My son had his days and nights mixed and did the clusterfeeding starting from about midnight til about 6ish before sleeping more than an hour at a time :wacko: Talk about needing toothpicks for eyelids :cry:

I got lucky with daughter because her cluster sessions started around 5 in the evening and lasted til 9 at night and she'd sleep most if not all night long.

Hang in there. The growth spurt will be over and hopefully you'll get a breather before the next sets in :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->