why wait for a normal cycle before TTC?

babymammy

Pregnant- 1st trimester
Reaction score
im curious to know why you shud wait for a normal cycle before TTC, i have read before that it is because there is a heightened risk of miscarriage, is this true?

Do you mean a cycle after a loss?? If that is what you're asking I've read up loads in the last few days, some say its so your womb lining is nice and thick - others say its purely for dating purposes.

Hope thats what you were asking :D

thanks for the reply, no , what i have read is that when one comes off the pill it is best to wait at least 1 normal cycle as a baby is conceived before a normal cycle after comming off the pill there is a hightened risk of misscarriage.

I pesonaly haven't heard that - and my eldest who is now 16 was conceived whilst I was on the pill :winkwink:

Can't advise I'm afraid, hopefully someone else can help xx

One reason is because irregular cycles can be very long and you might not want to wait several months between ovulation once you're trying. I don't know about the risk of miscarriage, I have heard conflicting things.

Its just for dating purposes realy. Your supposed to be more firtile your first month of the pill

I did read somewhere that after the pill it is wise to wait for a few normal cycles before ttc has there is a risk of miscarriage

I just thought it was for dating purposes. I'd ask your GP if you have the chance. Might be worth your time.

In my opinion, it'll happen when it happens - you'll probably find that you won't get pregnant straight away anyway, especially if you've been on the pill a long time. Most people I know, including myself, took 6 months or so to fall pregnant after coming off the pill.

Good luck..

I heard that you should wait from 1-3 months after coming off the pill due to hightened risk of miscarriage. (I did alot of research on the internet about this lol) so unless the internet sites I've been on are lying, then yeah, it is true... but I'm not sure how high the chances are of miscarriage.

I've read that there was no conclusive information that concieving too soon after coming off the pill heightened the risk of miscarriage. But when you think about it, perhaps that's because women were not willing to take the risk by participating in any study on it?

I started charting temperatures straight when I came off the pill and I can tell you that I had quite low temperatures after ovulation and short second halfs of the cycle for about three months. Both indicate hormones being messed up and come with an increased risk of miscarriage. So personally I'm glad I let my cycles get back to normal and didn't take the risk in the first few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->