• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why would they do that? In tears.

shellshocked

Reaction score
yesterday I had my 12 week scan. All looked good, nasal bone, brain, arms and legs, hb, lots of wriggling and an NT measurement of 2mm. Sonographer had me feeling happy and positive. Yet today I received 3 messages about the results of combination screening obviously this means high risk. But what gets me is they are now saying that there is nobody available to speak to until Monday. They were going home at 4.30. Why would you leave a message like that. What am I supposed to do? I can't stop crying? I don't know what to do. I feel totally alone DH point blank said he wants Amnio. I will now be left worrying. Not even knowing what the risk is. I feel such a failure and feel my motto for everything always being alright I'm the end is a load of rubbish.Any advice or reassurance would be great.

That's beyond awful that they will just leave a message when there is no one to talk too. Try not to worry too much, I know that's really hard to do though. Monday morning, call first thing and demand answers. I would also be complaining to someone regarding the message left.

Ah, that's really unfair leaving you in limbo like that. It might not necessarily mean it's high risk though - it might be the case they are missing some info or there's a prob with your blood sample and you need to redo your blood test.
With my first they caked because they didn't have ethnicity info (even though I gave it)

This pregnancy they phoned me a couple of days after the scan because when they reviewed it they realised the placenta was low so they wanted me to come in for a placenta scan

Both pregnancies had a low risk NT result so don't assume anything yet.

Thanks all. also posted in first tri. I am 1:43 for trisomy 21 and low risk for the others. Am booked for a Harmony test on the 28th in London. :)

Glad you weren't kept waiting too long and good news on the other trisomies. I know 1:43 isn't ideal but that's still a very good chance of baby being fine.

I had a Harmony test this time because I was scanned at King's and they're doing a trial there atm. My odds went from 1:528 bad on NT combined results to less than 1:10, 000.

Fingers crossed it will be a similar difference for you as well.

Just read your post on first trimester. The fetal medicine clinic on harley st have a lot of the same staff and researchers as the fetal medicine unit at King's where I've been seen and have an excellent reputation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->