Wildflowers Christmas journal

wildflower79

Reaction score
Thought I'd start one of these this year to keep track. Dd1 is always nosing on my phone, so can keep it secret on here 😂

So this year I'm cutting back .... really!! Thinking about doing the want, need, read and wear thing.

Only got lists for the girls so far. Listed everything, but it's to split between Xmas and their birthdays in Jan and Feb

Dd1 (6)

Want LOL house (not the real one, I refuse to pay that much. Going to try and do one up myself).... bought the house

LOL bigger surprise .... ordered

LOL pop up shop ... ordered

Need bike (she already had this as an early present)

Read a non fiction book, maybe a kids enclopedia or how something works. Or a fiction series.

Wear she wants a top with those sequins that change colour when you brush them

Dd2 (nearly 3)

Need Tablet (she keeps stealing her sisters and would be useful to have one for long car journeys)

Want (she hasn't actually told me anything she wants, so guessing what she might like) a wooden shop/cafe (going to make our own) .... got 2 wooden crates to start

Sylvanian families?

Accessories for shop/cafe

Read a new Julia Donaldson book

Wear not sure yet, maybe some dress up/character or just something with a cute animal picture on

Something like this for dd2's cafe/shop. Bought 2 of the large white crates already.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180902-233331.jpg
    Screenshot_20180902-233331.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20180910-214455.jpg
    Screenshot_20180910-214455.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 3
Bought this off Facebook for £35, to make into an LOL house. Don't think I need to do much to it tbh. It's already the right colours, so maybe just add some fairy lights, stickers and gems/glittery bits. Hubby said he'd have a go at making an outside patio bit to include the paddling pool and sand pit, so we'll see how that turns out!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180910-214717.jpg
    Screenshot_20180910-214717.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 13
Stockings

Dd1

LOL balls .... bought 1 spy series one
Travel spirograph ... bought
Felt Pens ... bought
LOL biro pen ... bought
Orbeez?
Nail polish
Choc coins
Lego cards
LOL stickers
Makeup

Dd2

Felt Pens ... bought
Wooden train?
Orbeez?
Choc coins
Haribo
Bubbles
Stickers

Something like this for dd2's cafe/shop. Bought 2 of the large white crates already.

I love this idea! :)

Bought this off Facebook for £35, to make into an LOL house. Don't think I need to do much to it tbh. It's already the right colours, so maybe just add some fairy lights, stickers and gems/glittery bits. Hubby said he'd have a go at making an outside patio bit to include the paddling pool and sand pit, so we'll see how that turns out!

also love this idea :haha: you are far more creative than I could manage. it'll look much better than the LOL house!

I'm not really that creative, more copying ideas I see off Google!!

After watching some videos on YouTube of what you get in the new bigger lol suprise, I've decided to cancel my pre-order. It seemed to mostly consist of wigs and accessories (which will only get lost) and I really couldn't bring myself to part with £85 for that 😮 Even the actual dolls weren't that exciting! I don't think DD is really that bothered anyway. I'm thinking instead of buying that, I'll make up some sort of box or ball (more DIY!) and fill it with a few normal balls and bath bombs. It'll cost lots less and I think DD will be just as happy.

I'm still getting her the pop up shop, which should be arriving this week. It seems better value at £40 and I think you get an exclusive doll with it.

Following, I'm so glad my DD is only small and isn't interested in all the LOL stuff, it's
Seems a huuuge waste of money for what you get to me :shrug: doing a diy one definitely seems a good idea to me x

excellent DIY ideas :haha: I don't think DD has even seen the bigger surprise thankfully, she's only going to be 5 so I can get away with buying a lot less LOL stuff :haha:

What a week it's been! My husband had a car accident (not his fault) and ended up sideways in a hedge! Dd2 was in the back 😞 Apart from some hip/back pain (hubby) they had no other serious injuries. The car however is a write off!! I doubt we'll get that much for it, so we're going to have to budget for a new car now 😤 Also, had to buy a new car seat and the pushchair that was in the boot is damaged. I know we'll get the money back, but I don't know how long it'll all take. So annoying!!

Dd1s LOL pop up shop arrived, which looks great

Hubby got some wood and cut it to size for dd2's shop bits. So that just needs screwing together and painting.

I started on a paper mache thing (over a balloon) to put dd's LOLs balls in. It's still in experiment stage, but I'm hoping to paint it gold maybe and put some stickers on.

I really need a trip to our nearest shopping city (York). The shops in our town are rubbish.

Hoping to pick up another LOL ball and a Shopkins lil secret set for dd1 this week. I'm concentrating on her stuff first, as the things she likes are more likely to sell out the nearer we get to xmas.

I was hoping to post some stash pics, but I keep getting file too large message, even when I screen shot the photo ☹️ Any ideas?

Anyway, update..... I've slightly gone off my lists :xmas13:

I ordered 3 scruff a luvs in the Argos 2 for 3. Not sure what to do with the 3rd, but I might sell it on, which makes the other 2 even cheaper!

Dd2s wooden cafe is nearly finished and I'm so pleased with it. Just needs a bit of painting finishing off. I think I'll get her a wooden coffee machine to go with it and that'll be her main finished. Other things I've picked up for her -
A bucket of kinetic type sand with some little moulds in £2-99
3 Hairy Maclary books (found in back of wardrobe left over from last xmas)
Pack of bracelets for stocking

Dd1s main will be the LOL pop up shop and her LOL homemade surprise thing. Just need a lil sister ball and hopefully some charm fizzers if I can get some. I've also picked her up -
Shopkins secret locket thing £9-99
A sequin colour changing hoody £18
Lol hairbands £1-25
Sequin colour change notebook £1
A jelly bean spinner game £2-99

I got some candy canes and swizzels sweet lipbalms to make little gift bags for dd1s friends. Just need to get some Xmas pens/pensils and choc coins to go with them.

I've decided to save the lol dolls house and dd2's tablet for their birthdays

The girls aren't here this morning, so got the stashes out. Dd1 is the top pic and dd2 the bottom one.

Dd2 needs a couple more things. I've ordered her a playdoh ice lolly set thing. I'm really stuck on stocking fillers that aren't just a lot of tat! And also an advent calendar for her. Might just gave to stick with chocolate.

This is dd2's cafe/shop we've made for her. Just need to finish varnishing it. I'm really pleased with how it's turned out IMG_20181030_075013871.jpg

Picked up some slime and bath stuff for girls stockings. The Xmas suncatchers were bogof at the works, so only worked out 50p each. Think they'll be a present the elf brings one morning. IMG_20181030_182041374.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->