Will Francesca be nn frankie?

Dantes Mom

Reaction score
My oh absolutely loves this name as does my 4yo.

I like Francesca but not frankie no offence to anyone that does.

I think Francesca is more timeless unlike my other choices sienna and Mila.

The boys are Dante and roman which are also of Italian origin.

What's your thoughts? Xx

I have only known one and she was a fran :)

Will she be subject to teasing? Ie fanny? Maybe in thinking too much into it. Xx

Maybe. But if you call her Frannie, Fannie, Francie then that will be the one that sticks

Love Franchesca.

Nns I'd associate it with are Frankie, Fran or Cheska :)

I think you have options, like PPs said. Of the 3, I like Ceska the best, which I would end up changing to Cessie, because I always do that, lol. It's a beautiful name, btw.

While she is young people will go off of your nickname. But in the end, it will become her name and if she chooses Frankie, then thats what she will be called.

Take a name like Robert. The parents set the tone for the nickname - if they start introducing their son as Bob then the chances he will be called Rob are slim.

Or William with Will v. Bill v. Liam.

I would nn her cheska hoping it would stick!

Everyone else around me prefers sienna (family) but I feel Francesca would grow really well with her. Xx

I think Sienna & Francesca are both gorgeous names! :thumbup:

Francesca goes better with your sib-set though!

I think whatever nn you give her is what other's will call her.

For example, my mom and I tried to nn my niece "Gia" but it didn't work (her name is Gianna) - her parents call her "G" or "Gigi" - which is what we all call her now.

I know parents who introduce little kids as "Christopher" NOT Chris, and if someone tries to shorten it they say "I'm sorry, it's Christopher."

It really is up to the parents. I knew a little girl named Francesca and she went by Francesca but some little kids couldn't pronounce it and said Cheska. I think it's a gorgeous name & Cheska is super cute!

I have known four Francescas, all different nn
Frankie, Fran, frannie, frenchy (biiiiig grease fan!)
Avid then of courser there's cheeks as an option too. Like pp have said the nn she'll have growing up will be down to what u call her and the she'll choose her own as she gets older. X

I know nns for Francesca as either Fran or cesca (chesca) I really love Cesca for a nickname x

DS Francesca is a Frankie, but that was her parents choice. She might not like a nn. DS is called Ossian, but we called him Ossie or Oss for short, but now he's 6 he gets to choose it and is firmly set that his name is Ossian and that's what we all call him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->