Will I manage after a c-section?

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
I have posted this in the c-section part of forum but think it's quieter there so hope no one minds me posting here.

I have a 6yr old and 16 months old. My first nearly ended up being a EMCS but had a ventouse, and my second I wasn't progressing again with baby in distress so did have a EMCS.

I'm due my third in May and know i struggle to progress plus I'm scared what will happen to baby. My second was born poorly and was in PICU for a month.

My recovery after the section was very good and I have no pains or issues. I'm scared to go for a VBAC because I don't progress well but my mother is saying that it will be hard to recover as I'll have 2 other children to look after at home as well as baby. She said that as we were in hospital for a month after the previous section (we stayed with baby mostly) that I didn't have to do anything so it was easier.

I'm just worried as I know I will be with less support than previously. What was your situation and how did you recover?

No experience but id say it will be harder, but you can't really predict that. How much help will you have at home? I found it hard even after a vaginal birth with my 3rd to try recover and look after 3 kiddies. But you do what you need to :)

I'm making the decision between vbac and emcs myself and leaning towards an emcs. The recovery will be hard with a toddler at home I'm sure but I'd need to be induced early because of diabetes and induction didnt work for me last time so I think an emcs would be the likely result again. I've heard elcs are calmer and generally have an easier recovery time because the surgeon doesn't have to rush and can take more care so I would rather go for an elcs than risk an emcs. Like misscalais says a recovery from any birth isn't easy!

I'm in the same boat, worrying how I will cope. I'll be walking my son to school every day so not sure how quickly I'll be able to manage that (about 6 miles of walking a day), while eiyher pushing Sophie and carrying the baby or the other way around.

I coped well with everything when Sophie was born (elective section) but Thomas was only 23 months and didn't 'need' to go anywhere so it was just us relaxing at home. My OH will be in university so can't take time off this time.

I'm in the same boat, worrying how I will cope. I'll be walking my son to school every day so not sure how quickly I'll be able to manage that (about 6 miles of walking a day), while eiyher pushing Sophie and carrying the baby or the other way around.

I coped well with everything when Sophie was born (elective section) but Thomas was only 23 months and didn't 'need' to go anywhere so it was just us relaxing at home. My OH will be in university so can't take time off this time.

Yes I see where you're coming from. That's going to be difficult. It is harder when the older ones need to keep to school routine. What will you do?! Good luck Hun

I've had to csections and will be having my third in May. First was induction that ended with emcs quite traumatic and my second was elective and it was wonderful. For me, I know I need a solid week to recover. So I ask my mom to come help or my mil. DH also takes time off work. However the recovery is not bad at all. In fact I had friends who has bad vaginal deliveries that caused their recovery to be way worse than any csection. I think esp with a 6 year old you will be fine. Ask for some family help if possible but I'd say it's hard when ppl have 2 under 2 and a csection then yes. I think you'll be fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->