will they charge?

Wriggley

Reaction score
Someone took mils cat to a cat place because they thought she was a stray

they rang me as the micro chip is in my name as I was the one who took her to get the chip to say they were closed so I can't go get her til tomorrow

will they charge for having looked after her for a night?

They shouldn't.

Before she died my mum's cat was mistakingly taken in twice by people who though she was stray because she was old and thin and balding. They never charged my mum and she wasn't microchipped either. The first time my mum had to ring around and they had had her a couple of days. The second I luckily saw a post on a Facebook page from the person who'd taken her in saying where she was x

Oh ok mil seems to think they going to charge I got to get her for mil in the morning

They shouldn't charge but may ask for a donation towards the food she's eaten whilst there.

I think it depends on the place, the one near my mum, they charge you if your pet is taken there

it all depends on the place. my local place does charge.. they are a kennels & cattery so charge £40 per night they have the animal. xx

Well I got there and it was not a rescue centre it was an actual vets

she pulled me in to a room and was very apologetic because they did a lot of stuff to her before they scanned for a chip

they shaved her leg to do a blood test
shaved her belly to see if she was spayed
shaved her back to give her some injection
and sprayed her with flea spray even thou she had flea stuff on

so cat has come home a sorry sight cos she shaved in multiple places bless her

they were very apologetic as they didn't scan her before doing all this.

Anyways they didn't charge a penny but my mil looked into the place as they seemed really good and she thinks a charity picked up the bill so she is going to call them to see if that's the case as she going to make a donation as even thou it was out of her control that the cat ended up there and was given treatment she appreciated the care that they had for her

they even offered to have her spayed for free as they couldn't see a scar so thought she was not spayed but I took her to be spayed when she was little and obviously there's not much of a scar

glad shes home, bless her for being shaved & sprayed all over the place though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->