Will your last be different than your others too? Advice wanted!

tkeith8109

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm back in WTT for our last baby. We are probably going to start trying late spring or early summer, not sure yet. I would like to lose a little bit of weight, plus I have to make sure my thyroid is fully under control before I can get pregnant, total thyroidectomy in Nov.

So my husband and I have a little girl and a little boy. Since we have one of each we have considered waiting to find out the sex of the baby until the day we have it. Has anyone else done this? Was it hard? Was it worth it? See, I'm a planner and I would love to make sure we have everything finished and know for sure names and things like that. Another alternative is a gender reveal to make it fun, or not letting anyone know that sex of the baby, only us.

Another thing we have considered is not letting anyone know the name of the baby until they are born. I know someone that did this and they said it was really awesome.

Last thing we considered is instead of actively trying like we did with our first two, this time around we just not try but not prevent for about 6 months and if nothing happens then we can start actively trying. I love the idea of just taking our time and not putting a lot of stress on ourselves, but I also have pcos, a mild case, and they thyroid stuff to worry about, so I don't know if this will be realistic. Plus I would like to have the baby before I'm 30, I'll be 28 in April.

If anyone has any advice or would like to share stories please do! I'm so anxious to get started that I need to occupy my time with something!

We are also thinking of not finding out the gender until the birth as we have one of each. We found out with both of them, I love the thought of having that amazing surprise at the end but I'm so impatient I don't know if I'll be able to wait that long lol.

With our first we kept his name secret to everyone until he was born, even our parents. It was lovely to introduce him to everyone for the first time and reveal it!

If we have a girl next we are waiting to find out the gender for the next two. I like the idea of not knowing till they're born, but I love buying baby stuff.

We didn't tell anyone names. We went between 2 and when he was born we decided. Thing is, we didn't choose either. I asked OH what he thought and he said a name that he first thought of when he saw him. It was perfect and never crossed our minds. It was an amazing moment to have and it felt so right.

Thank you guys! I am so impatient that I don't know if I could not find out the sex. The name I could do, but idk. I have also thought about making a video with our two kids revealing the sex of the baby instead of doing a whole party. I am seriously so excited about this time around that I can hardly contain myself!

Has anyone thought of keeping the sex a secret from everyone and only the parents knowing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->