William Roache from Corrie arrested for rape...

cupcakekate

Cooking baby #3 :)
Reaction score
Seriously what is happening to the world!?! Seems like every day there's another person being arrested for some sort of sexual abuse!

It is horrifying to think that this is what are children are being born into- but then again because so many of the offences happened all those years ago it was what we were brought into. It makes me sick that it has taken so long for the truth to come out.

I bet he regrets that comment he made now. Either someone went digging or someone came forward and told somebody what he had done..

It is horrifying to think that this is what are children are being born into- but then again because so many of the offences happened all those years ago it was what we were brought into. It makes me sick that it has taken so long for the truth to come out.

I bet he regrets that comment he made now. Either someone went digging or someone came forward and told somebody what he had done..

Try thinking of it as a good thing. The system that deals with these sorts of things is so vastly improved that people feel they can finally come forward, which will hopefully lead to more vigilance and therefore less crime of this nature in the future.

Try thinking of it as a good thing. The system that deals with these sorts of things is so vastly improved that people feel they can finally come forward, which will hopefully lead to more vigilance and therefore less crime of this nature in the future.

This is very true :)

Who knows whether he did it but he seems like a bit of an idiot to be honest

Yeah so our children are actually being born into a world where they know they weren't in the wrong and that they can come forward in confidence that someone will take them seriously, I suppose that's the bright side of things, though that seems like the wrong phrase to use.

The things he said before this in an interview were enough to make me hate him... !

Victims of sexual abuse bring it on themselves and most likely did something bad in a past life so its punishment! WTF!!

He's saying he's innocent but I don't think the comments he made a few months back are going to help his case!

The news said yesterday hes actualy been charged with it, nor sure if that was miss spoken or what though.
As others have said its not so much a case of our children being bien into this as its simthing thats allways gone so we where born into this as where our parents and grandparents.
The differance is our childrwn are at least born inti a world where they are listened to, believed and taken seriously and justic is done rather then it being brushed under the carpet and not spoken of or treated like its the childs fault or lieing.

I really wouldn't be surprised, partly because of his comments a while back and partly because it seems like during that era there were a load of successful, powerful men out to get what they could, and that included imposing themselves on young girls and others weaker than them. I'll be interested to see what comes of it and who else is implicated.

i said to my OH when i heard his comments a few weeks back that i bet he's done somethin the same. what an idiot.

xo

I think he opened himself up to accusation when he made those comments, whether it were true or not. I can see a situation where someone decided to make him pay for what he said. Lets face it, any accusation is going to be taken seriously right now, regardless of evidence. In some ways that's how it should be. But I certainly wouldn't want to be a male celebrity of a certain age right now.

I have no idea whether he did it or not, and he was a complete prick for saying what he did, but I'm certain there are people out there who will make these accusations for whatever reason, when they are totally untrue. I'm very much in the "innocent until proven guilty" camp on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->