Winter coat and carseats

hayley x

1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter
Reaction score
:hi: this may be a stupidly obvious question but I'm aware of the dangers of wearing a thick winter coat in a 5 point harness car seat. But Daisy has just got the next stage seat up, the high back booster using the car seat belt. Does anyone know whether this carries the same risks or can she wear her coat?

Im pretty sure the straps have to be to the body like thinish clothes and not through a thick cardi or coat.(please correct me if im wrong because id love to know for my 2 kids). Maybe bring a thick warm blanket to put round her after shes strapped in? U may get more replies in baby or toddler sections.xx

yes it carries the same risk, just like it does for us adults too.
xx

Its the same for everyone. Adults should not wear thick coats either.

I swear I read this somewhere else just the other week, lol. Anyways, no. No winter coat is ever safe in any car seat. Never, ever, ever. Winter coats aren't even safe for adults in a regular seat belt.

It gives them no protection whatsoever.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oco9m1hPVro/ULewWRouIyI/AAAAAAAAA9M/4vqdM5c0pYs/s1600/winter+coats+and+car+seats.jpg

Same risk im afraid. You can get ponchos for them to wear in the car x

Same risk. I carry a blanket to put round him if it's absolutely freezing but usually the car heats up really quickly anyway.

I put my son in a thin fleece coat, scarf and put a blanket on his legs in winter and it keeps him toasty :thumbup:

If you have to loosen the harness to fit over the cardigans, then it is unsafe. Put him in a regular shirt and adjust the harness (can't pinch the straps at the shoulder) so that it fits. After that, leave it. Whatever he can wear without changing the harness tightness is fine.

Warm the car up first and have a nice warm blanket for him to go over everything. Or put his jacket on "backwards" over the carseat straps.

Thank you all for the helpful replies. I thought it was a silly question, but if you don't check you don't know. My 2 don't wear coats in their carseats but I just wanted to know if it changed now it wasn't a 5 point harness. thanks xx

Same risk. Even us adults shouldn't wear padded coats in the car really.

Thanks for this thread... I didn't have a clue that your not meant to put babies in car seats with winter coats on.

Strap him in then put his arms in the jacket arms over the carseat, iykwim? So it's like a blanket.

I didn't actually know that was the reason, i thought it was because of them over heating x Good to know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->