Winter Meal Inspirations

WackyMumof2

Reaction score
Here I am, in lil ol' NZ in the middle of Winter and needing fresh, easy and affordable ideas for Winter meals. Vegetarian or meat based, not worried. Slow cooker, oven, stove top etc you name it, what are your favorites? One of our favorites is a chilli beef cheeks recipie I found in a magazine and it's so good! Sweet, savory and spicy all at the same time! But we can't have it every night as much I would love to. We eat a LOT of bacon broth based soups (I make my own stocks) as well and every so often I throw together a creamy chicken and mushroom soup too - that's not too often though because it can get expensive. :cry:

I do a lot of slimming world recipes in the slow cooker

I buy beef when on offer and freeze it with carrots, pots, onion and mushrroms makes a meal

We get quorn mince ( veggie think its soya based product) that i use 1/2 5% beef mince and 1/2 quorn mince to make spag bol, also use red lentils to make more Ds eats it all.

Iuse eggs a lot as egg are cheap

When we were a family of 3 I would cook a chicken on sun we would all have it. FOB would take sandwiches with it on mon and i would use it to make soup with any veggies and pearl barley.

I LOVE this when porks on offer https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/bbq-pulled-pork.aspx

https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/diet-cola-chicken.aspx also do this BUT dont do it in the slow cooker hunny-The sauce NEVER thicken-well for me anyway, its better in a pan on the hob/stove

IF i am doing anything with mince i buy frozen 5 % mince as here it seems to work out cheaper- I add oats when making chilli to it and rice, only a cup full.

I am sure some people will come along with more ideas hunny xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->