Wireless baby monitors

Carolyn

Reaction score
posted this yesterday in second trimester and someone said it would be better in here..

this has probably been discussed somewhere before, but i've done a search and no joy...

want to buy a video baby monitor, wireless. on the sites i've looked at, it says that the 'wireless' ness of it could interfer with your home network. it's completely wireless here, which means sometimes new equipment interferes with the old established stuff. OH is very concerned about this (!) i'm not... but i wondered if anyone had any experience with this, before i part with my cash...

yes i'm a bit worried about this too...i read you can adjust your laptop or soemthing?!?! Sounds weird...advice from those who've been there would be much appreciated!!.....

I like those camera monitors that are shaped like a flower!

Not sure I can help with the video monitor but we had same problem took us ages to work it out!

We bough Tommee monitors with sensor mat - settings were CRAP to put it short but went for the Angel care set again with mat lots more options on settings and have found the only one we need does not mess with the wireless which is the alarm goes off if she stops breathing other than that we can hear her from every room in the house lol :D

No idea if theres anything you can do to your wireless connection :confused: - thats something we should look into because like you we're all wireless this seems to be the only way atm.

I'm not too sure about it messing with your laptops or anything, but I work with deaf people and a lot of them have video monitors to see their babies. One thing they have said is that the wireless ones aren't as secure, which means that people can find tap into your picture. This was a couple of years ago though when I heard this, so maybe they make them more secure now.

god, what a horrible thought... someone else watching your baby !!! Thats made me completely reconsider having one (the monitor, not the baby!!). Maybe the best thing would be to use your laptop..... as in get a wireless webcam they don't have enough range for someone else to tap into them, but they would be fine for around the house, if thats possible... if it hasn't been done yet, it should be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->