Wish I had just stayed at work....

Annie77

Cautiously expecting
Reaction score
..well not really but since I finished on Thursday I have had no end of interruptions. I thought the purpose of maternity leave before baby is Ron was to relax, chill out and get things ready at your own pace.
Apparently in my family it means no one can pass the end of my street without 'popping in' and phoning for a chat whenever it suits them (not me).
My sister just phoned whilst i was trying to grab a catnap before school kids come home and for 15 minutes spoke about what her plans for this weekend entail, asking if my nesting had started and talking about excited she is about this baby coming, I swear I said about 8 words the whole conversation. She then said she will be popping in to see me and baby loads after birth :dohh:

My parents decided to pop in yesterday at 10-30am - I had went back to bed after a rubbish nights sleep and getting up with kids at 630 for school. Then my mum asks me to sort out all my baby clothes that need washed so she can take them then and there. I tell her no, that's on my list of things to do when on leave. She then comments that I am still in pjs so obviously not up to it. AAARRGGH!!!!!!

I have a really high stress job and thought that these 3 weeks would be low stress and I can do away at my own waddling pace but no - my aunt has just text me to ask if I am in for a visit! I usually love living in a small town surrounded by family but I swear I will crack up if they don't stop phoning and dropping in announced etc.

Rant over - sorry:nope:

Can you stop answering your phone? Sounds stressful - I keep my phone away from me and on silent when I'm resting or not up for chatting/visitors to avoid this exact problem. :-/

..well not really but since I finished on Thursday I have had no end of interruptions. I thought the purpose of maternity leave before baby is Ron was to relax, chill out and get things ready at your own pace.
Apparently in my family it means no one can pass the end of my street without 'popping in' and phoning for a chat whenever it suits them (not me).
My sister just phoned whilst i was trying to grab a catnap before school kids come home and for 15 minutes spoke about what her plans for this weekend entail, asking if my nesting had started and talking about excited she is about this baby coming, I swear I said about 8 words the whole conversation. She then said she will be popping in to see me and baby loads after birth :dohh:

My parents decided to pop in yesterday at 10-30am - I had went back to bed after a rubbish nights sleep and getting up with kids at 630 for school. Then my mum asks me to sort out all my baby clothes that need washed so she can take them then and there. I tell her no, that's on my list of things to do when on leave. She then comments that I am still in pjs so obviously not up to it. AAARRGGH!!!!!!

I have a really high stress job and thought that these 3 weeks would be low stress and I can do away at my own waddling pace but no - my aunt has just text me to ask if I am in for a visit! I usually love living in a small town surrounded by family but I swear I will crack up if they don't stop phoning and dropping in announced etc.

Rant over - sorry:nope:

This will be me when I finish work I fear... all my family live in the same town (nor more than 5 minutes drive from everyone's house to mine) and I swear if people think they can just pop in whenever they feel like it... their in for a shock. Had to tell MIL the other day that knocking and entering is not acceptable when there is a pregnant lady napping! I've even had to start locking the front door so she cant just waltz in when she wants!

When your napping, get the phone off the hook and don't answer the door. Some phones allow you to turn the ringer off for everyone except certain contacts so OH, school etc can still get in touch but everyone else cant.

Stay strong hun xxx

Ahhha, such a pain :wacko: But... nice that you have such a supportive family around!

I also turn my phone off and lock my door when resting. I don't have friends/family around, but I live at my work place and have staff also dropping in to ask questions or call needing help.
Maybe get one of those "do not disturb" signs to hang on your doorknob :haha:

I don't mean to sound rude, but please be thankful that you have family around you. All of my family is in Australia, I only see them once every 2 years & can only call or skype at certain times due to the time difference & apart from a few weeks when bub is born, none of them will see him regularly until we move back to Australia next year.

If you really want a bit of time to yourself, just tell them & don't answer your phone, they are family & will understand.

I don't mean to sound rude, but please be thankful that you have family around you. All of my family is in Australia, I only see them once every 2 years & can only call or skype at certain times due to the time difference & apart from a few weeks when bub is born, none of them will see him regularly until we move back to Australia next year.

If you really want a bit of time to yourself, just tell them & don't answer your phone, they are family & will understand.

I am thankful for having them near but sometimes near is too near. I speak with my brother, friend and cousin in Australia weekly via Skype but that is an arrangement - they would never dream of just phoning me up at all times of the day and just expect me to stop whatever I am doing.
Unfortunately this is just my family - my sister used to work in sane hospital and would BLEEP me for some mundane question or if her clinic was quiet and she was bored.

Take all the help you can get. I've been on leave for the last 5 weeks and haven't done much at all because you don't have much energy toward the end.

I get your rant - that would annoy me too. I don't have a ton of family around here (just a few from my side of the family and nobody from DH's side), but even if only those few were stopping by to chat all the time, it would drive me NUTS.

Of course you're grateful that you have family around, but it's okay to be annoyed with them sometimes too... Especially in your third trimester! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->