Wishing the time away

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
I feel so guilty.. not enjoying connie being small at all. I can't wait til we're past this baby stage.

Being in hospital for a week with bronchiolitis has really knocked me... shes so fragile still... and i really want this part of the journey to be over.

please tell me im not alone... i feel awful :(

Yep; I'm exactly the same! Don't feel guilty though; you're only wishing for it because you care - and just think most parents only have a month or two of that vulnerable newborn phase to cope with, whereas prem parents have 4-6 monts or more of it xx

I feel the same way don't feel guilty. Sophie just had her heart surgery then we got to go home and had to go back the next day to the er because she had cdiff. And now they think she has Plagiocephaly. So I completely understand, but everything will be okay. Our babies are little fighters. And it will be over before we know it.

I hated the ""newborn"" and "baby" stage. I really did. I met another prem mum yesterday and she said the same.

I am also presently hating it. Jonny is feeding like god knows what, I am willing the day to come until I can wean him but he's not there yet.
The worst thing about preemies is that you get an extended phase of the newborn stage which is tough and hard work.

I felt this way for... Months I am afraid. My DS was so small and people made the stupidest of comments. I was so worried all he time I really couldn't enjoy the baby stage..

BUT it does pass. My DS is now three, holds a conversation, albeit about some very strange topics lol but I can safely say the fear has gone. I am a worrier so will always find something to fret about but I certainly don't find myself checking his breathing every nap quite so often!

I think it lasted most of the first year but definately eased after six months.

When I talk to my sister she tells me how much she loved the tiny baby stage and I can only shudder. I love love love toddler and beyond... He is so robust now.

I never enjoyed the baby stage much either. I spent it worrying she was going to get sick and be hospitalised and worried if she was going to be able to walk and talk. With term babies you don't have the additional worries you have with a prem as unfortunately the problems don't disappear as soon as your baby is discharged from neonatal.

People often say they are sad their baby is growing up where I am actually thrilled Holly isn't a baby anymore. Of course I still worry about her getting sick and her development but not to the same extreme and now she has her own personality she is much more fun.

Try not to feel guilty you are still looking after her and loving her and that is all she really needs. The baby part is such a small part of her life and you will have many years to enjoy her. Well until she is a stroppy teenager :haha:

I think it's totally normal to feel like that with prem babies. We just about started to get confident when our son was 2 months old, then in a totally freak event he actually did stop breathing in the middle of the night. We just about managed to resuscitate him before he was rushed to hospital where we stayed for a week. We spent the rest of his first year worrying and checking he was breathing but in time things got a lot easier.

Don't feel guilty - it's only because you care so much. As others have said, it's like a prolonged newborn stage with prem babies and most people don't understand!

Seriously with me it lasted a long time for me, every little thing bothered me, shes 19 month now and im seriously enjoying her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->