Withdrawal bleed advice. Please help

jopascoe

mum to 2 girls an 1 boy
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I was on the Evra Patch. LMP was 21st December.
Took patch off mid cycle on 7th January . Had withdrawal bleed from 12-15th January. My actual period would be due tomorrow as I’ve always been regular.
Question is.... will I likely have this period on top on the withdrawal bleed that I’ve already had. I’m so totally confused.
I’m not actually trying for a baby but not preventing either . I have been having unprotected sex since patch removal though.
Do I count my withdrawal bleed as a period? And count 28 from that date.?
Please help. Thanks

I’ve just withdrawn from my pill and technically im gonna class that start date of the bleed as a fresh cycle; I know in reality it’s not, and my body may be a bit out of whack as a result eg ovulation and periods. I’d say give it a few more days then maybe do a cheapish test?

Some people’s periods come back quickly straight after combined BC, others it may take up to 3 or so months. Only one way to find out!

Thanks for your reply. My period never showed. So I’m also going to take the withdrawal bleed as the start of a new cycle which now means af is due 8/2/18.

Thanks for your reply. My period never showed. So I’m also going to take the withdrawal bleed as the start of a new cycle which now means af is due 8/2/18.

That’s a fair idea. Im not sure it exactly my works that way but for now it’s all we’ve got to base it on I guess? Until we get our first “natural period” off of BC.

The only experience I have of withdrawal bleed was when I came off the contraceptive injection years ago. I didn't know what a withdrawal bleed was and thought I'd started my cycle right away again. Except then I didn't actually have a period for months and found out it must have been withdrawal and it took my body a long time to get back to usual. But I tend to have long unpredictable cycles anyway.

The only experience I have of withdrawal bleed was when I came off the contraceptive injection years ago. I didn't know what a withdrawal bleed was and thought I'd started my cycle right away again. Except then I didn't actually have a period for months and found out it must have been withdrawal and it took my body a long time to get back to usual. But I tend to have long unpredictable cycles anyway.

The contraceptive injection sadly makes someone’s natural fertility take a while to return. When I came off mine years ago my ovulation took about 2 months to come back but my periods were all over the place! Was awful. Hoping as the pill doesn’t normally have that looming effect some have with the injection I may be okay. However it can also take some women a good few months to settle. 😳

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->