Withdrawal Method

Lilly12

Mommy & #2 on board
Reaction score
So today my husband and me were talking and I was talking about not trying not preventing...then I was talking about if he'd want to stop using condoms and start pulling out.
He says Yes of course we can do that, we're married.

I was very surprised since he is always very careful with condoms and such, since im not on any birthcontrol.
He says he's excited about not using condoms.

So I told him I'm not sure if a woman can get pregnant from precum etc and he's like "we'll see".

Im a little confused since he used to be so careful and now he seems to be letting go of that a little..I'm so happy though!

So is anyone doing the withdrawal method here?
I read that it's about 96% effective when doing it perfectly, when condoms is 98%, so that's not that much difference.
Anyone gotten pregnant while practicing withdrawal?

My DH and I used the withdrawal method and it worked great for us. We used it for four years.

We tried "Pull and pray" interspersed with condoms. This is how well it worked:

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs021.snc1/4248_94136444047_667779047_2605860_7260396_n.jpg

We have used it for 6 years, and so far 100 % effective... sort of :) 5 days late night now.

I used it with my ex. Thank God it worked. I wouldn't put my money on it though.

We tried "Pull and pray" interspersed with condoms. This is how well it worked:

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs021.snc1/4248_94136444047_667779047_2605860_7260396_n.jpg

:haha::rofl:

The thing with this 'method' is that it's not the most reliable even if done perfectly. But additionally it's really easy to not do it perfectly in the heat of the moment. So if you wouldn't mind getting pregnant (and neither does your DH) then go for it but it's really not a good idea if you want to avoid getting pregnant.

Are you charting? Because I think it's much more effective when used in combination with avoiding the 5 days before ovulation. Even then I've had friends who have gotten pregnant!

But maybe that's a good thing! :winkwink:

Hi,

We've been using it for a year and its worked fine for us. I think its a good method for a happy couple to use if they wouldn't mind falling pregnant but arent planning on it yet.
I wish I would fall pregnant on it lol

S x

we used this method for about 8 months and it worked for us. Depends how disciplined the man is lol. The month my OH stopped pulling out i fell pg (ended in mc) We only used that method because we hated condoms and i hated the pill and if there was an accident it would be a very happy accident.

xx

I have used it successfully in the past, but its a bit messy and requires a lot of concentration for the man at a time he may not want to concentrate.

I think pre-cum can contain sperm if the man has ejaculated recently and not passed urine since.

I have got pregnant twice in one year with this method and unfortunately miscarried with both but that has nothing to do with it. My partner never ejaculated in me but we consequently found out that before men come they have something called pre ejaculation sperm which comes out and is obviously enough to get pregnant.

we have been using this method for about 4 years now might be longer and works great for us!

yeah me and my husband would be happy if we were to get pregnant.
hes just a little scared and doesnt want to actively start trying.

hes got alot of self control , he used to even pull out with a condom!

So i guess some men do and some men dont have live sperm in their pre-cum?
Since some women get pregnant right away and some dont for years..?
A lil confusing...LOL

hun, I know people who got pregnant on the withdrawl method....not a good method. If you use that method within a year most couples get pregnant.

So i guess some men do and some men dont have live sperm in their pre-cum?
Since some women get pregnant right away and some dont for years..?
A lil confusing...LOL

No, the difference is more likely to be in the frequency of sex and whether a couple hits the 5 days or so around ovulation or not. It's not a form of contraception. It might make it take a little longer for you to get pregnant than it normally would but it's not effective prtotection. But if you wouldn't mind and 'accident' then I'd say go for it! Just make sure your DH understands that there's quite a realistic chance of pregnancy! :thumbup:

I read this on the planned parenthood website:

* Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 4 will become pregnant each year if they always do it correctly.
* Of every 100 women whose partners use withdrawal, 27 will become pregnant each year if they don't always do it correctly.

AND CONDOMS:

* Each year, 2 out of 100 women whose partners use condoms will become pregnant if they always use condoms correctly.
* Each year, 15 out of 100 women whose partners use condoms will become pregnant if they don't always use condoms correctly.

And we will probably use condoms while I ovulate.
My husband wouldn't mind me becoming pregnant on "accident".
He just doesnt want to actively try..

Me and my OH use the withdrawal method, but I follow my cycles very closely so I know the exact day which I ovulate every cycle.

We have only used it since January so who knows but I believe it works. I would love to have a child but we aren't in the financial position to do and the OH isn't ready, if I am honest I am not either. It has similar rates of effectiveness as condoms and I don't like artificial hormones at all so may aswell use it I think. My OH is aware of the risks and his responsibility so it is okay.

When the time comes where we start thinking about having children in the near future we will probably stop avoiding ovulation days and be a little less careful, but until then we are careful and i think it works fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->