Wondering About Something

Andypanda6570

3 Boys and an Angel Ava
Reaction score
Hi,
I lost my Ava in March at 18 weeks, I gave birth to her in my bathroom.
Anyway, I had my 3 boys at 21,23 and 30 and then got pregnant at 40 by total accident. What I am wondering about is, do you think because I had my kids young and this pregnancy I was older that maybe my body went into like some kind of shock and that is why I lost her?? :cry: I mean I have not been pregnant for 11 years.
I mean I see women just starting to have kids in their late thirties to early forties and they are fine, but at that age it is their first pregnancy. I hope someone understands what I am saying or maybe I am just being dumb about this.
Thanks XOXOXO:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

It's probably not age related. I hadn't been pregnant for 10 plus years, the pregnancy I lost last year at 15 weeks was an absolute surprise. There was no reason for my miscarriage other than sometimes something goes wrong that can't be explained.

I know several people who had babies in their 40's with no problem. I had my son when I was 23 and didn't find my last pregnancy any different. I had my daughter one week before I turned 35.

As you get older you do run more of a risk of genetic problems and premature births, but that doesn't seem to stop many women from having more children in their late 30's/early 40's.

:hugs::hugs:

I dont know if it would work like that - I know some people who have had their children years and years apart one of my friends mums was 19 when she had her first and 43 when she had her second - so 24 years apart! and her baby was completely healthy.

I think its only natural though to question these things when you have been through something like this, but I dont think you have to worry about this being the reason :hugs:

No I think it's just bad luck - nothing you did wrong. One of the Mums at the school had one baby at 29 then her second at 41. It's just one of those things - not that it makes it any easier to take :(

:kiss: Ava

I get upset also at my SIL she is 36 and she lost her baby six weeks after I lost Ava :cry::cry: She also has 3 boys 15,12 and 8 and when she found out I was pregnant she got pregnant 8 weeks later, the reason I get mad is cause she keeps saying to me I am not high risk I am NOT high risk and I say yes anyone 35 and over in medical terms is considered high risk, not to say your pregnancy will NOT go smoothly and you will probably not have any problems, but how can she say her doctor told her she isn't high risk , that she the doctor would recommend not trying anymore once a woman is 39 :wacko: and that my SIL lost her baby most LIKELY to the cord??????????? I was sitting on the phone and saying well why didn't you get the tissue tested >>>>>>>> My SIL kept saying my loss was NOT chromosomal :wacko: well how does she know that if the tissue was never tested and how would her doctor know for sure it was the cord? She had a D and E so I don't understand how her doctor says the things she says ??? I know she will try again and by that time she will be 37 and she is still telling me she is not considered high risk>? maybe it's me, maybe someone can explain things to me, before I loose it.
XOXO Thanks :flower:

It's easy to be considered a high risk pregnancy. Being over 35 is a risk factor, so is a second trimester miscarriage or repeated miscarriage. Short answer is yes, your SIL will be considered high risk if she chooses to get pregnant again. Doesn't mean she won't have a successful pregnancy, it just means you get a lot more monitoring.

My chart had under risk factors; moderate high bp, repeat miscarriages, second tri-miscarriage and blood clotting disorder (low c protein). I narrowly missed the advanced maternal age status. lol So I had appointments every other week for the entire pregnancy, weekly in later third trimester and weekly biophysical profiles in third trimester. Sometimes you are required to see a perinatologist also.

It's not the end of the world to be considered high risk. It just means waaaaaay more time at the doctors.

Big Hugs my dear ..... Xoxo

I imagine Emma and Ava are playing together today....♥

Big hugs... I think that regardless of your age you still have a risk, its just alot of the time people don't talk about it. 2nd Tri loss and stillbirth is rarely talked about so people seem to forget about it and think it doesn't exist, sadly we know it does... I think that
Genetic and choromsome problems can happen to anyone any age...... They just class you as a higher risk the older you are... xxx

I get upset also at my SIL she is 36 and she lost her baby six weeks after I lost Ava :cry::cry: She also has 3 boys 15,12 and 8 and when she found out I was pregnant she got pregnant 8 weeks later, the reason I get mad is cause she keeps saying to me I am not high risk I am NOT high risk and I say yes anyone 35 and over in medical terms is considered high risk, not to say your pregnancy will NOT go smoothly and you will probably not have any problems, but how can she say her doctor told her she isn't high risk , that she the doctor would recommend not trying anymore once a woman is 39 :wacko: and that my SIL lost her baby most LIKELY to the cord??????????? I was sitting on the phone and saying well why didn't you get the tissue tested >>>>>>>> My SIL kept saying my loss was NOT chromosomal :wacko: well how does she know that if the tissue was never tested and how would her doctor know for sure it was the cord? She had a D and E so I don't understand how her doctor says the things she says ??? I know she will try again and by that time she will be 37 and she is still telling me she is not considered high risk>? maybe it's me, maybe someone can explain things to me, before I loose it.
XOXO Thanks :flower:

She sounds like she is happier believing that and I guess for some people that's the way to cope with a loss. From what you are saying it sounds like she had an early loss. I have never heard of a cord accident in first trimester losses.

She will be higher risk at over 35 but maybe not considered high risk by her doctor. Try and ignore her hun xx

Awwww hun I really honestly dont think thats the case :hugs: My mom went 8 years without being pg and had my brother at 38 yrs old. I know someone else right now who hasn't been pg for 17 years and is almost 40 and is now almost due with a baby boy in november. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->