• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wondering what as a single mother I will be entitled to?

K

Katieeeee

Just wanted to ask people who may know who are already a single mum and claiming benefits, what am I entitled to once Aiden is here and how much will I get? All I'm aware of is income support, child benefit and tax credits? I think? Does anyone know how much these will amount to per week roughly? I know each situation is different so it's hard to say specifically how much I'd be getting but to give you some ideas, I won't be working, father of baby isn't in the picture, I have NO savings...right now I'm on jobseeker's allowance and I'm not entitled to any form of maternity pay. I know I can get the HIP grant and the sure start grant (well I hope so anyway) but yeah what will me and Aiden have to live on when he's here??

Thanks in advance for your help :)

hey, well like you say im not sure if its different in different areas or what but ill let ya know wat i get and it cant be far different :)
at 29weeks preg i could claim income support, and when bubs was born i got is, child tax credits and child benefit.
i.s is arouns £64.50, tax creds are around £53.54 (changed recently lol) and child ben is £20
if you are on housing benefit once lil one is here that should increase too xx

hope that helps xx

Will you be renting a house or living with parents? You will be able to get housing benefit but how much depends on your council and the average rent in the area.

Will you be renting a house or living with parents? You will be able to get housing benefit but how much depends on your council and the average rent in the area.

I'll be renting a house, most likely a council house. I'm currently on the housing register and the council referred me last week to a parent and child project for homeless young mums between 16 and 25 and they've found me a 2 bedroom house to move into on monday I'll be sharing with a 16 year old girl who has a 7 month old baby girl. The rent there is £11 a week inc bills and they filled out a housing benefit form on my behalf (that's how kind and helpful they are) yesterday for this place, and said that as soon as I move out and into another place all I'll need to do is fill out a change of address form. So that looks all sorted.

Hiya hun , what lexis mummy said is round about spot on . You will get full rent & council tax paid too. The only other thing i can think of is you should get healthy start vouchers until your child is 4 yrs old.
i'm on income support but i get £40 a wk as i get a budgeting loan with income support every 6mth so they take it directly out of your money , & i pay water rates direct out of my money so i dnt have to fart with it. but it should be around £60 ish, i get £20 child benefit & i get £50 for child tax as it goes down a little as your child gets older.

if your bumps dad does pay csa you will be entitled to £20 a wk out of whatever he pays anything over that the government takes for paying your benefits/rent etc.

You are also allowed to earn an extra £20 a wk from working or extra income, again anything over that the government take.

Cant think of anything else once baby is born though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->