wondering what you all think.....

klouise1993

Reaction score
Hiya guys I've been to my second midwife appointment today and she is the third person in 2 days that have said it sounds like I might be carrying twins for the reason of I'm getting extremely stronger than normal pregnancy symptoms etc really bad morning sickness (well all day sickness) and loads of others has this ever happened to any of you because of these reasons or? Xxx

Not to me (although wondering this as well as I have been so sick this time round, so different from DS) but one of my best friends was horrendously sick for the whole of the first tri and sure enough when she went for her 12 week scan she was carrying twins

its certainly possible but ive been extremely sick since 5 weeks I throw up so much I've been in the hospital twice because of dehydration & I had an ultrasound & theres only one baby. so u cant really go by how sick u r I don't think.

I'm carrying twins and other than being really tired, I didn't have any nausea or other symptoms until 6 weeks. But since then it has been an all day every day hangover-like feeling. I've gagged a lot and have lots of food aversions, but I've only gotten sick twice. Extra sickness could mean twins for you since there would be more hormones. Though while I've felt pretty rough, I wouldn't consider my m/s bad by any means compared to others'.

I found out at 6 weeks I had twins, do you have the option to get an early scan?

You could be, but normally morning sickness is not enough to determine of you are, although it could be (-: Not even hgc levels, as the range is crazy. You should get a scan. Either way, congrats

The only way to tell for sure is by an early scan or hcg levels as they would be way higher than normal with a single pregnancy.

They said this to me with my last pregnancy as I had HG and kept being admitted for dehydration but only 1 baby for me 😃 xxx

I suspected I was carrying twins because my symptoms (nausea/vomiting/thirst/tiredness/hunger/headaches/light-headedness) were far worse than with my son. I also had a bump v quickly, in mat trousers by 10 weeks and could feel my womb much higher than should have been.
I don't think sickness is a definite indicator but can be one factor of multiples. Did your midwife not feel your womb - usually measure ahead with multiples. Also, could she not have checked if could hear two heartbeats? Hopefully you'll have a scan soon and know for sure? Congratulations either way :thumbup:

I've been really sick and admitted into hospital with HG due to dehydration and i have had quite a few 'it could be twins' comments. I was due to have a scan Monday if I was still in hospital but I got discharged Sunday so I've got till next Friday to wait.

I don't think it's twins i just think I've been unlucky with how sick I've been. Plenty of women who suffer from really bad sickness or HG have single babies so i don't think it's an indicator personally.

With all 4 of my pregnancys iv had super high hcg and hospitalized each time for HG and server dehydration and each time they have scanned me suspecting twins I was also on 3 different anti sickness meds it was that bad... I anyways knew it wasn't twins and that my body just produces high hcg and doesnt agree with pregnacy but they always check .... iv never had twins lol... the only way to tell is via a scan as symptoms can mean nothing everyone is different x

I wouldn't count on it as an indicator. I have twins and have every thing under the sun and feel terrible but I know someone who's having a single and has hg and is way worse with ms then I have been. Everyone's body reacts differently to pregnancy. I would wait for scan to confirm, it could be but may not be. Either way I hope you have a good scan when you get to go in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->