Won't sit to wee! HELP!

jillgwynn

Reaction score
Hi there
I just thought I would try to get some advice and see if anyone has come across a similar problem to the one I'm currently having....
I have twin girls who are approaching 2 and I've started potty training one of them (the other is not showing any signs of being ready so I'm hoping she'll pick it up from the 1st one later!) Anyway, we've been going for 5 days and she's picked up the concept really quickly - she's telling me when she needs to wee and/or poo and is happy to go to the potty and sit on it. However, when she actually physically goes, she immediately stands up and I cannot get her to sit during the process. So I have been holding the potty in front of her to catch what I can so she realises it has to go in there (and she knows this as she claps when it does!) but she just will not sit down. It is so frustrating and I have now decided that I think I'll give up for now and try again at a later date, although I'm not sure that this will make any difference until I work out why she won't sit to wee and how to overcome it.
Any advice is very welcome! I feel like I'm so near yet so far :shrug:
Thank you

Have u asked her??? I know she is only two but she might be able to answer u. Or try getting a toilet sit for the toilet and put her on their.

Hope it works out hun.

I completely know what your going through, Leigha was the same. What it was that was bothering her is that it would splash up and hit her bum...so i brought a kids seat for the toilet...that worked, but she only used that for 4 days then went straight to just using the toilet.
Also. With poo...they are used to it sitting next to them in their nappies..i guess it weird at the start to feel it drop out..you know? Its new for both of you...but stick with it..it is hard work but its rewarding when you dont have to clean up those poopy nappies anymore lol
:hugs: keep at it, im sure your doing a fantastic job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->