work related - advice needed

Hellymay83

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I was in hospital being for fetal monitoring for a day last week due to reduced movements, my company haven't paid me for this, my question is: Would this be classed as an antenatal appointment or a pregnancy related illness? I'm unsure. However if it's classed as antenatal they have to pay me for it, right? I'm in the UK btw x

It would be a sick day surely? I know anything that wasn't scheduled for me but was medical / pregnancy related was classed as a sick day so I got paid.

Thank you Annie, I don't get paid for sick days but do get paid for antenatal apppinments, I'm unsure which this would be classed as x

Ah right, that wouldn't have been classed as an appointment at my work as it wasn't pre-arranged. But you might be able to argue differently. Good luck

Yea same at my work. If it wasn't pre arranged then it would be classed as sick.

Hmmm tricky one!

It is antenatal but if it was spur of the moment I guess they'd class it as you been ' sick'

Could you call your boss maybe ? Xx

Maternity Action have a helpline that might be able to advise you, as do ACAS. I wouldn't ask your boss, they'll only say it was sick as it works in their favour.

Thanks everyone, I'll give them a call tomorrow x

It would be considered sick at my work where it was not prearranged. And well entitled to sick days I don't get paid for them either.

My work would class it as sick leave if it wasn't pre arranged. Even if it was pre arranged my work only pay a maximum of 4 hours for appointments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->