Working again and need help fast!

Night Flower

Reaction score
So I've been back at work for the last two weeks and baby I going thrthrough a growth spurt. She is 3 months old. She's eating 4-5oz every couple of hours. From 6-3pm. She eats about 24oz when I'm gone at work.

But the thing is, I'm only able to pump 10-12oz during the work day.

My freezer stash is now extremely low. Only enough for todays feeding.

How can I get my breast milk output higher? How do I increase milk production?

What formula can we offer as a sustitute when beastmilk runs out? We were thinking goats milk.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Please help!

Oh and she gets rashes over "regular" formula.

Any dairy free soy free formulas?

Anyone have any experience with goats milk?

You should try to reverse cycle her. If you are using freezer milk and not pumping every feed then your body doesn't know it should be making more. Also 24 ounces in that short time is a lot. I feed my 10 week old at 5:30 in the morning, then I'm gone till 330. I pump about 12 ounces and thats what he has the next day to eat. It sounds like the caregiver may be over feeding? Ask them to try to wait 3 hours between feeds, and use other methods to soothe like bouncing and walking. Baby will be hungry when you get home and want to nurse a lot. This is a good thing!

We have a supply of enfamil gentlease just in case we want to start combo feeding. I don't think you can give a baby that small goats milk. It doesn't have all the things in it formula has.

I disagree that she is being fed too much. Some babies (such as mine) eat far more than others. As long as she is showing signs of hunger, she should be fed regardless of a perfectly timed schedule. What one baby eats is no indication of what another baby should eat.

I'm not exactly sure how to up your supply. What is the reason you can only pump 10-12 oz? Is it because that's all you can get in 3 pumps? Is it possible to add a pumping session at work? If not, maybe start adding 1 or 2 pumping sessions after your dd is in bed for the night to up your supply and to provide a sufficient amount? I have also heard eating oatmeal and popcorn help with supply. Good luck!

I've read a lot on increasing supply because I hit a decrease after going to pumping several weeks ago and was eating through my freezer stash (yikes)... I read pumping every two hours and staying really well hydrated was the key, so that's what I did (at night I pumped every 4 hrs) and after about the third day I saw a massive increase in my supply.. also relax.. don't fret, that really hinders breast milk production... try this and see.. GL hun

I'd say she's definitely being overfed, bf babies really should only need 1-1.5 ounces per hour of separation. If you want to increase your supply you'll need to pump more, perhaps on your commute to work and back home? Or overnight? And she way too young for goats milk. She needs formula if you run out if bm. Cow/goat/sheep milk shouldn't be given as a drink until 12 months

I used to pump one side as I fed my lo on the other side before I left for work and when I got home. Always got more than during the pumping sessions at work. Might be worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->