Working night shifts during pregnancy

Babyfairy1984

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have just got my bfp so still in shock and very excited.
I am currently working 3 nights a week in a nursing home and worried about the affect working nights might have on the pregnancy, especially after reading this
- https://www.babyexpert.com/pregnancy/questions/will-working-night-shifts-harm-my-pregnancy/2100.html

Any advice appreciated or if anyone is in the same boat how are u coping? Many thanks xx

hi,im in the same situation as you,i work both nights and days in a nursing home but actually work more nights than anything else,i told my boss at 6 weeks because of my job roll and told her to take me off nights but her response was "there is noone else to do nights at the moment" so now im currently 11+3 weeks and still doing nights but i only do 2 now instead of the 4/5 i used to do and i have 2/3 days off after now aswell where as before i used to finish at 8am one morning then back on a day shift at 8am the next day.Just take it easy and dont do any heavy lifting/pulling,get others to do the heavier work.As my OH keeps telling me now "think of number 1 and on one else,what you have inside you is very precious" and i totally agree with him.
Just speak to your boss and say you do not want to do nights anymore whilst pregnant,you and your babies health come first now.
hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months x :hugs:

Thankyou Hun. I was doing nights as suited us well as have nobody to watch my 20mth old during day. Baby comes first and it's quite strenuous at night as only 2 carers. May have to think about giving it up x

Thankyou Hun. I was doing nights as suited us well as have nobody to watch my 20mth old during day. Baby comes first and it's quite strenuous at night as only 2 carers. May have to think about giving it up x

your right,baby comes first,yeah we only have 2 carers aswell,it is a hard job anyway but even worse when pregnant.

By 30 weeks I managed to talk them into 4am shifts at the latest (instead of 7am), it was just too much!!

Thanks for replying, my shifts are 8-8 so very exhausting even if she says light duties. I will be speaking to her Monday about what if anything we can sort out.

I'm a nurse on a busy ward and pregnant with twins, I do loads of nights but don't really find them much different to days (I work 7-7.30 either shift) it depends on your body clock i guess! I worked up till 39 weeks with DS2 and I think the hardest is swapping night-day-night etc which I get lots of!!! :wacko: I do full time but I think you can have the option to get rid of nights and just do days but I earn more on nights which is a big decider!!Good luck whatever you decide :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->