Working out ovulation dates?

amylouise18

Reaction score
Hello,
I have tried to calculate my ovulation dates and how long my cycle lasts for multiple of times and i am never sure if i have done it right?
Please can someone help me with this?
I get confused with when you count from and how many days my cycle is... if that makes sense?
I have a period for about 5-6 days and i come on the first of every month.

Any help is really appreciated

Thankyou
Amy xxx

Hi amy,

A cycle starts on the first day you have a bleed if you start doing online charting this is referred to as cycle day or cd1. The last day is the day before your next bleed (because your next bleed is the start of a new cycle). So say cd29 you bleed again it means you had a 28 day cycle, if that makes sense?!

Ovulation can happen at any point in your cycle and i wouldnt listen to the "average/typical" stats as every woman is different. Just because a cycle can be 28 days long does not mean you ovulate cd14.

So you are doing some averages - my advice is to do just 3 cycles only, when the websites ask how long you periods are they generally mean cycle length, if they ask how long you bleed for they will normally refer to this as "menses" - hope this helps and feel free to look at my fertility friend link in my siggy to get an idea of the online charting xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->