World ending tomorrow??

Surprise

Reaction score
I just saw this article on MSN homepage. Apparently there's a man named Harold Camping who has used the Bible to predict that tomorrow is Judgement Day (7,000 years after the flood). Seems there are a few people who believe him and are passionately trying to warn others. The article emphasizes the divide between family members who believe this, and who don't. What do you think about doomsday prophesies? And what would you do if you believed in one, and your family didn't? Or vise-versa... if you had a loved one trying to convince you, but didn't believe?

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43106614/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/?GT1=43001

I wouldn't consider myself a very religious person. I don't rule anything out, but I also don't feel strongly one way or the other (I believe in being a good person :flower:). There are so many things I disagree with when it comes to religion, that I have trouble accepting it. But that's a whole different topic... LOL

What's weird, though, is for some reason this "prediction" has really caught my attention! I mean, I don't believe it will happen... but it does have me thinking, "What if...." Lately (before I heard about this) I kept saying to my husband (just jokingly) that judging from all the horrible and strange things that are going on around the world that something big is going to happen, so it's just very ironic that something like this would come up!

But again, I think it's probably just a bunch of hooey! At least I sure hope so... I just bought a bunch of really cute dresses today...

I guess that didn't really answer your question :wacko:

Nah, don't believe that anyone can predict the end of the world. My friend is getting married tomorrow and hubby runs the marathon on Sunday. No world ending this weekend.

So, in relation to the article, what would everyone here do if your family were divided over something like this? If I really think about it, I'm not sure how I would handle it if, for instance my spouse and I believed differently. Thst one couple in the article stopped working and started travelling to spread the news, and their children were embarrassed, and their whole life had shifted.

I'm not saying I don't believe the world as we know it won't end some day. But I don't think anyone can predict the day.

Do you get a prize at the end of your life for doomsdays and apocalypses ypu survived :haha:. I even at my young age must have had 3 of them so far xD

The bible says no one can predict the rapture, so he is spouting nonsense and scaremongering :nope:

Matthew 24:36
36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father.

The bible says no one can predict the rapture, so he is spouting nonsense and scaremongering :nope:

Matthew 24:36
36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father.

Absolutely agree.

LOL. He's obviously on crack or something. If I knew someone who believed it I'd tell them to get a grip tbh :lol:

NOBODY can predict these things. Least of all someone who has already got it wrong before

Exactly he's a moron and gives Christians a bad name.

I know a lot of Christians (although I'm an atheist myself) and none of them believe this crap lol because they have actually read the bible and seen the passage that you quoted Nic. This guy obviously just wants to look a big shot. Instead he's going to look like a plank

Yes, I'm a Christian too, and I know not to believe anyone who claims to know the time of the end.

as far as i understand the Rapture (the event supposedly happening tomorrow) is not the "end of the world" but infact the day that God takes His children upon to Himself from Earth to Heaven (basically kills all his believers) and the rest are left to suffer in sin on Earth UNTIL the day of the end.

so...while all those who love and believe in the Lord will be leaving this planet...i get to park closer to the grocery store doors, and get through the checkout faster, and no more long queues at mc d's drive through!

There are some guys who each year predict a new one. like a guy who every year from m1980 to 1992 predicted a rupture :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->