Worried about going into labour before C section now

fuzzyduck

Reaction score
Feel so much more stressed now. Today I had my growth scan (34 weeks 6 days) and while I was there they booked my c section which due to a traumatic labour/c section etc with my first child I'd said from the start I wanted one as the thought of vbac scared me to which everyone I spoke to completely agreed was the best option with what happened the previous time. That's apart from the consultant I saw after my growth scan today. While filling in the paperwork for my c section she asked that if I was to go into labour before my c section date then would I consider a vbac to which I said no, I wanted a c section and again explained why. To which she then said but if his head is coming out and if it's dangerous for him to have the c section cas he's coming would you have one then. I said of course if it is safer for baby then I would definitely do it then. So she then took that and wrote in my notes which ive only just read now that if I'm progressing well in advanced labour that I would have a vbac, that I just don't want forceps etc which is not what I said!!!
So now I'm panicking that if I do go into labour then they're gonna make me try vbac.

I've tried looking on the Internet to find out what advanced labour means in case I'm overreacting and that means if close to pushing stage but all I can find is established labour which is 4cm and since my hospital won't even keep you in til your 4cm anyway, I'm just really confused and worried now!

Well don't stress yourself into an early labor over it! :) :hugs: I can understand why you are so stressed, but chances are your won't go into labor too soon and if you do it won't be so quick that you can't do a c section. Their are many many people who do VBAC and many many people who strongly advocate for them, but the truth of the matter is sometimes they really are not safe at all. Doctors understand that and a lot of the time when they let woman do VBAC they do so knowing they can intervein and get a c section done in minutes if need be. Sounds to me like the lady you talked to was an advocate of vbac and giving you a senario where you would say "yes" -- kinda like "talking you into it"
If you go into labor before your section, just make it clear to the attending physician and nurces that you need to do a c section and they will honor your wishes.

On the positive side, second babies tend to come faster and can be easier labors, so if you do go into labor on your own and it's a fast one, then it could change the whole vaginal birth experience into a positive one for you. I know it's not what you want, but if it does happen, then try to keep that in mind as a potential good outcome instead of a negative and scary one.

:hugs: no wonder you're stressed. I'm down for a vbac but that's a whole other story lol. Remember hun, it‘s your body and if all is going well then your choice. Any Mum to be would say yes to anything like a vbac if it means a safer birth so she did talk u into that one,she knew you'd say yes! She shouldn't of written that on your notes. That bridge should be crossed should the situation arise during labour and birth. So, I suggest phoning the hospital and asking to see or speak to a consultant. Explain your fears and what's been put on your notes which you don't agree to. Also tell your community midwife, they're good at getting things like this sorted. Hopefully by doing something like this it will put your mind to rest a bit. I've had to sort out some things on my notes that were put in wrong twice already this pregnancy. Your wishes will be honoured don't worry:hugs:

If you have a c-section scheduled, and you go into labour, wouldn't they just move up the c-section? It's pretty rare I think that you would get to the point of the head coming out before you get to the hospital to be evaluated (just thinking of how few babies are born in cars). When my brother came two weeks early, they just moved his C-section to the day HE chose instead of the day he was scheduled.

Just make sure you write everything down and you have multiple people to vouch for your preferences just in case and it will all go fine :). Babies don't tend to come too early anyway.

Thank you everyone for the understanding and reassurance it helped a lot 😊 I'm definitely a panicker and like to know how things are gonna happen which in childbirth is a losing battle lol, but reading your replies helped me relax and I called my community midwife and explained everything to her, she was lovely and read my notes and completely agreed that the consultant had sort of wrote what she wanted to. So she then wrote on my notes that I want a c section unless birth is imminent!! So happy bunny 🐰 now! So now no worrying everytime I have a Bracton hick lol
Thank you again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->