Worried about money :(

A

AppleBlossom

My £90 a week maternity allowance finishes on 19th but as 19th is a thursday this friday is my last pay day. I have £170ish going out of my account over the weekend, including a £138 phone bill (I switched my call plan to one with less minutes as it was cheaper and they told me it would begin in March, only it actually started in Feb so all the phone calls I made thinking they were inclusive I was actually paying a fortune for) I haven't heard back from Child Tax credit people yet, I sent the form off on monday last week. I haven't heard back from council tax/housing benefit and I have £500 rent going out on 24th. Income support told me I might not be entitled to any money until my mat alowance finished in which case I'd have to re-apply (and it took me absolutely forever to finally get it all done the first time round) so I'm not going to get any money in the forseeable future. On top of that I need to buy food and Grace's stuff and pay my electricity bill and keep my gas meter topped up. I get £160 of Jason a month but I used this months to buy all the essentials for moving into my new house, iron, kettle, cutlery etc as he took all that stuff from our old flat. I don't know how I'm going to pay for anything because if I haven't heard back from HB or Child tax in a week I imagine it's going to take ages to actually come through. I do have a £100 emergency overdraft on my account but I really don't want to go into it because I can't afford to pay it back on top of charges. I'm literally going to be living on minus money for the next, however long. What on earth am I supposed to do? Gettting in touch with the benefits people is pretty much useless because when I have done so before they've always told me that they only go as fast as they can and have a lot of people to deal with! Sorry, moan over!

I don't have any advice hun as I have no clue about benfits etc but hope it all works out ok for you :hugs:

xxx

as it can help, my friend done it and it helped her out.

Have you phoned and asked how far your tax credit claim has got? I posted mine 10 days ago, phoned today and was told my payments start thursday so maybe they are getting through them quite quickly x

I think i will give tax credits and HB a ring tomorrow. Not much I can do about income support till 19th which is annoying

Phone them to chase it, Income Support should be quicker this time around because you've already done it all once. And if you absolutely have to can't you go into your savings until it comes through? xx

The first thing I would do is call your phone service provider and tell them you CANNOT pay your bill in one go, ask if you can defer it for a month or pay installments.

Do you rent privately or through council ?

Chase up the council and tax credits to x

it's horrible waiting for everything to be sorted, isn't it? My rent goes out on the 20th and I'm having to go even further into my overdraft to pay it as it's taking ages for the estate agent people do redo my tenancy and that's what housing benefit are waiting for!

I guess one good thing is that when everything gets sorted, you'll get more money back because it's taken so long. At least, that's what I tell myself :hugs:

dont have much advice but just to say i hope you sort things out and sending you big :hug:

The first thing I would do is call your phone service provider and tell them you CANNOT pay your bill in one go, ask if you can defer it for a month or pay installments.

Do you rent privately or through council ?

Chase up the council and tax credits to x

I was going to say the same about the phone bill. If you explain your financial situation, say you are waiting on money to come through and get sorted they should be ok.

My friend recently split up with her partner (Sorry, I'm guessing you've just split up?) and her tax credits were sorted within the week. He got his working tax credits stopped immediately and hers went through as a single claim.

Also, I see you are on the Wirral like me, try popping into a One Stop Shop. They're good for helping with things :)

Good luck!

Thanks, well my phone bill has probably gone out today if there was enough money in my account. Tomorrow I am going to phone tax credits/HB and see where I'm up to. Hopefully they won't be long going in as I have £500 rent due out on 24th. I will get £250 of the deposit on the old place back soon which will be a help but I will have to pay back £100 plus interest on my overdraft as that is how I have just paid my phone bill. Hmmph. I hate money

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->