Worried about re-tearing during delivery on second child.

alisha1418

Mother of three girls!
Reaction score
I need some advice, I'm pregnant with my second child. During my first pregnancy I had an Aggressive Delivery. My daughter was born while I was only 8cm dilated. Giving me a third degree tear! Good thing I had an epidural or I would have felt everything to the stitches and pain!!!
I'm asking for help cause I am worried I will tear once more. Is there any other moms who went through this experience? I'm scared to be torn again and would love any advice.
Is there anyway I can prepare myself just incase?
Am I scaring myself way to much?
I am alot more active this pregnancy, constantly walking, I even go to the gym now and then every three days.

There's really nothing you can do to stop it totally. Try massaging down below to soften it for labour. And talk to your delivery team about breathing techniques you can do instead of pushing

Hi with my first LO I had a Bad 2nd Degree Tear as he was Born quite Fast and he had his hand up by his face. When I was pregnant with my 2nd I was so worried about tearing again but I didnt tear at all and he was a whole pound Heavier. With My 3rd (4 years age gap) He was also born quickly and he was 9lb3oz and I only had a small Tear which needed no stitches and healed fine on its own. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->