Worried blighted ovum!! Help

Kellysheree

Reaction score
Hey all, so I'm worried sick I'm experiencing a blighted ovum due to lack of pregnancy symptoms..

I had an early scan at 5+3 which showed a sack and yolk.. Hcg levels are rising beautifully.. I fact went up 178% over past 3 days. I'm now 6weeks today. Due for another scan this week.

But this lack of symptoms has me beside my self considering I had a hell of a time with m/s first two pregnancies..

Looking for hope..

If you have a yolk sac, it isn't a blighted ovum :). Everything sounds normal and fine to me.

Yeah from what I understand about blighted ovum is that a yolk sac wouldn't be there if this was the case.
Before 6 weeks you can't really see anything on an u/s...so it's GrEAT that you've already seen the amniotic sac and yolk sac!!

I've had a blighted ovum and there wouldn't be a yolk sac. Also your hcg levels wouldn't be rising as they are because there wouldn't be a fetus.
As for the symptoms, everyone experiences pregnancy differently. With a blighted ovum I had symptoms at exactly 6 weeks and then they just went away at 9 weeks. And I mean I wanted to throw up at the smell of ANYTHING or if I ate ANYTHING, nothing would help. So yeah, don't worry!

Thank you ladies.. Your reassurance is wonderful!

It's just so odd to not feel nauseous and have a lot of symptoms seeing as I was so sick with other two from 4-5 weeks..

I have another ultrasound Tuesday so fingers crossed for good news and a perfect hb.

I have however been scouring the Internet about blighted ovums and found loads of ladies with sack and yolk? I guess it's not a typical BO with yolk but they still use the same name. God knows..

Fingers crossed I'm not one of them xx

They may have had early miscarriages and just labelled it incorrectly. A blighted ovum does not form the inner cell mass correctly as far as I am aware. I don't think there can be a yolk sac all by itself without other supporting structures.

https://i65.tinypic.com/4qsuh3.png

This is the normal development that you would expect to happen.

However wikipedia agrees with what you said and says there can be a yolk sac. I always believed otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->