Worried!! Dark Green Poop..5 Month Old EBF : /

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
I heard/read that it is normal for them to get the occasional green poop which she has but it was always a yellowish green..shes never had a dark green poop. It smelled sort of sweet that's how I knew she pooped but it also smelled funky like cheese..shes strickly breastfed. Is there anything I should be worried about? She's never had issues with dairy before but do you think its allergies? She doesn't have a fever and shes pretty content. Should I make an appointment? I hate going to her ped about bf things cause I feel like she'll just talk me into giving her formula or something..but if LO's health is at risk ill go tomorrow morning!

My bub had one of these poos a few weeks ago! I called my dr who said that it was because my milk was high in iron. I had been sick for a few days and wasn't eating much but still was eating red meat! He only did the one then it returned to normal, as long as it isn't black green is ok :)

My LO had green poop pretty much all the time for months (?) maybe. I don't think I asked our doctor about it, but it's my understanding that unless it's black or bloody it's not serious. Yellow and green are ok. There may be a reason for it, but I wouldn't panic. I'd just ask at the next visit, or maybe call a nurse and ask. Probably not worth going in unless it's black.

Might be something you ate? Or a start of a tummy bug?

Thanks ladies. Im going to keep an eye on her to make sure shes not getting sick. She seems fine..happy and playing and she slept good last night so no pain or discomfort. She has her 6 month appointment coming up if the poops continue ill call them sooner in the mean time im going to try to stop worrying about every little thing she does : /

My bub had one of these poos a few weeks ago! I called my dr who said that it was because my milk was high in iron. I had been sick for a few days and wasn't eating much but still was eating red meat! He only did the one then it returned to normal, as long as it isn't black green is ok :)

Think it may actually be this..i don't eat much red meat so I was trying to figure out if ive been eating iron rich foods lately and ive been eating a lot of cashew butter lately.....just realized its high in iron. Thank you!

Think it may actually be this..i don't eat much red meat so I was trying to figure out if ive been eating iron rich foods lately and ive been eating a lot of cashew butter lately.....just realized its high in iron. Thank you!

No worries, freaked me out too when it happened :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->