Worried! Dog jumped on stomach!

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
I have a medium sized dog and while hubby was getting cute and cuddly with me this morning, she got excited and wanted to join in, jumping up and very hard on my stomach. My belly instantly turned hard and stayed that way for five minutes straight, now I'm getting rythmic braxton hicks with cramping and leaking/discharging. I messed with her for quite some time, but I can safely say baby emma has moved since then. I just don't know if I should call the midwife or let it go since I was able to get the baby to move. Anyone have this happen to them?

I had something similar happen in my first pregnancy, though I was only in my second trimester. I called my OB the next morning (the dog was HUGE and threw all her weight at my stomach... I almost threw up from the force of impact!) and she said not to worry; all the amniotic fluid makes it like a giant trampoline in there, and baby would just bounce away from whatever would have hurt her on the outside.

That being said, you sound worried, and I don't blame you. I would probably call in just to hear reassurance, if nothing else. I'm sure baby is doing beautifully!!:hugs:

I agree with PP- if you are worried maybe get checked out.
I'd say you will be perfectly fine though as this is what amniotic fluid is for- protecting bubs. I have a medium dog too, an English Staffordshire Terrier and she is a lump of muscle who tends to get a little over excited and several times has surprised me with 'forced hugs' and jumped on my belly. Everything is fine though. Try not to stress :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->