Worried for mine and babys health :'(

lewood88

Mom of 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
I have a b12 deficiency and for the past 2 weeks didnt pay much attention to the risks well its terrible and now im so worried about my baby having a defect its upsetting me, not only am i dangerously low on vitamin b12 im low on folcate aswell i just hope my baby forms properly my OH looked devastated when we looked up Bout b12 :cry:

Are there any positive stories out there?

Sweets, did they assess you for what could be causing it? Was there any mention of intrinsic factor? Were your vitamin d levels checked by any chance too?

Red Star nutritional yeast has quite a bit of b12 (as do eggs and other animal products), but if you're having difficulties absorbing b12 then that needs to be addressed (you could get supplemental enzymes, just make sure they include pepsin). Probiotics would also be something good to take as well.

Having a deficiency in folate and b12 does increase risks for birth defects but that doesn't mean that there will without a doubt be any. It's good you caught this early :) --- try to distract yourself in the mean-time, everything could still be fine :hugs:

I have this also. I am having monthly injections whilst im pregnant to ensure my b12 levels stay up

Im having injections and a higher dose of folcate aswell i have to have these all the way through my pregnancy too

I had this with my second pregnancy because I was unable to build my stores back up after getting pregnant when my first was 8 months old. Now, this time, I haven't had tests done yet, but I've been VERY careful with getting my vitamins in because I had a 2 month old when I got pregnant this time. But, the fact that I DO have a 2 month old who's PERFECT and HEALTHY means that the B12 didn't hurt my baby or me. Just be careful and get those vitamins in. Try to cut down on grains because they stop your body from absorbing as many nutrients as it could - at least until you've gotten your levels where they need to be. I'm sure everything will be just fine! :)

My dd2 is 3 months old so i question wether i had it while i was carrying her

My body can take extra folic acid. I dislike most foods with it in and I can't take pre-natals as they made me sick as a dog, so didn't do any good. As well as that I deficient in iron and vitamin D from time to time. I didn't realise until after I had DS. He had a genetic deformity know as a club foot. Its easy to treat and I don't believe it was caused due to the lack of things in my body, as my cousin had the same problem as a baby.

I once again didn't take anything for this baby and my 20 week scan should a perfect little girl with no deformities. I think some bodies, just work differently to the normal bodies so try not to worry to much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->