Worried - My son has HFMD!

LittleMinx

Finally Complete <3
Reaction score
My son came down this morning and as i handed him his advent calender i noticed some blistery spots on his hands! .. So as you do i inspected him from head to toe and from what i can gather he has got Hand Foot and Mouth. Is this dangerous to my beany? I'm so worried :cry:

Help :flower:

I dont think it is. My niece had this when i was pregnant with my dd1 and the OB said it wasnt dangerous. I was 29w though so not sure about 1st trimester. Sorry not very helpful...

My daughter had this last week. I know it's very contagious but I don't know if it will be dangerous to your baby you would probably best off asking a dr xx

I am a rare case and got HFMD as an adult 7 years ago and my doctor said I was the first case he's seen it on an adult. I guess I just wanted to be a bit different. I feel sorry when children get it, as its not the most comfortable thing in the world to deal with and for me, made walking painful for a while. According to the NHS website they isn't any risk to the baby, even if the mum catches it. There is a slightly raised chance of a miscarriage, but they aren't 100% sure as there isn't enough people getting it I guess. Or at late stages it can be passed to your baby during delivery. However, if you keep hygiene up a bit extract until its run its course, so separate towels for him to you, washing his hands regularly, baby wipes are brilliant during this time as they can be chucked away. If he's in nappies you may want to take extra caution when changing him and use gloves if possible since its passed in stools and coughing, just to be on the safe side and always wash your hands afterwards.

So I think you'll be fine, just kick hygiene up that extra bit.

My Daughter had it last month. I asked GP about baby and he said there is a small risk to baby if I were to become infected, but that is extremely rare as it's generally a childhood illness. He suggested I limit contact with my Daughter. That was never going to happen!!! I bathed with her, napped with her, did all the things we normally do plus more cuddles due to her feeling a bit down. All fine. I've had a scan since and use my Doppler most days. It probably took my Daughter just over a week to fully recover and she only had maybe two days of not eating as her mouth was sore. Wishing your son a speedy recovery.

Hi there,

As I mentioned on the August thread, my son just had this and gave it to me as well. I caught it just as my little one would have been implanting and we made it through. I had a high fever and felt like I had flu! I think implantation is one of the most vulnerable times, so if I could get through that I think you'll be fine!

It's also very rare for adults to catch it - I only did because I never had it as a child. It's spread by saliva, so try to avoid that and you should be fine!

I hope your little one gets better, it's a nasty little virus, but it does pass soon!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->