Worried :S

tinymumma

Mummy to a rainbow boy
Reaction score
My brother had multiple disabilities, autism, leber's congenital amaurosis, ataxia, just to name a few. My mother has already told me that I have a 1 in 4 chance every pregnancy of my baby developing some, if not all of the disabilities my brother has. I've asked my doctor but she was no help what-so-ever, just telling me I can get tests. Which I know is bullcrap since you can't begin testing for anything my brother has until they're at least 4 months old (after birth). Not worried about downs and certainly not getting the tests as that just sounds far too risky to me!
I hate to admit it but I am scared of my child being disabled. I know that doesn't really mean anything as they will still be my perfect little miracle and I have helped raise my brother... Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me? I know it's going to be hard enough being a young mother but with a disabled child on top of that, worries me to death. I feel horrible about having these feelings, I just don't know what to do :(

I had my son at 21, so not the youngest mother in the world but still considered a young mum, and my son got diagnosed with autism at 2 and a half. So this time I wasn't worried about having a child with Down's as my theory I could cope with one special needs child I could cope with two. Do I worry that this child has autism, of course I do, but I know there is nothing I can do about it. I also know even if she has, it can be different degrees so she might not be as bad as her brother. However, I would not change my son for anything in the world. Each mile stone he has achieved even if its taken him 10x longer than a normal child has been such a great achievement and make it that extra little bit special. You never know we can both go on and have normal children and that would also be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->