• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worried to tell my mum :(

12BeeMummy

Reaction score
I'm so nervous right now... Waiting to go to my doctors appointment at 4 x plus I plan on telling my mum when I come out the doctors!! I'm sooo scared to how she might react :( .... I just don't know how to tell her x
How did you break the news to your mum? Any tips girls? X

Well, I'm going to tell my mum on my 18th birthday over dinner with my OH, firstly to explain why I'm not having legal drinks and also ill be 11 weeks so it sounds about right, hopefully she won't be as upset because it'll be my birthday :haha: good luck hun

I just told 'em. I made it sound as perky and confident as possible that way they fed off my reaction and wollah they're super excited!I also showed the pee sticks (8 of them) so they had proof. Wasn't the case with OH's parents but hey you can't have everything I guess haha.
good luck! Let us know how it goes. At the end of the day it'll all work out in the end :D

I just told 'em. I made it sound as perky and confident as possible that way they fed off my reaction and wollah they're super excited!I also showed the pee sticks (8 of them) so they had proof. Wasn't the case with OH's parents but hey you can't have everything I guess haha.
good luck! Let us know how it goes. At the end of the day it'll all work out in the end :D

Awww I'm happy for you :) x my mum is staying at my nans atm so I am going to tell her over the phone as I don't feel I can wait until she comes back! X my mum thinks im going to the doctors to get antibiotics for my urine infection...so i think I'm going to say something like mum the doctor has told me that I'm pregnant and if she says how did she find that out I will just say when she was testing my wee for protine it showed pregnant too!! .... Something like that I'm shitting myself waaaahhh!! :( x

As a young parent, it's always going to be nerve wrecking. I told my mom as soon as I found out, but I'm waiting to tell my dad until my first sonogram. I'm sending lots of good vibes your way!! :)

As a young parent, it's always going to be nerve wrecking. I told my mom as soon as I found out, but I'm waiting to tell my dad until my first sonogram. I'm sending lots of good vibes your way!! :)

Thank you hun I need them lol :) x

My parents took it horribly. My mom basically told me I was ruining my life and when we met with my dad he called my OH a p.o.s. and then tackled him to the ground and started beating on him....and I was 20..oh was 34 wed been together 2 years living together for 1 1/2 yrs and neither of my parents supported me financially at all...
And as HORRIBLY as it all went my mom has rly come around and even threw me a shower. .things r still rly awkward with my dad but OH and I r happy and baby is healthy and due any day now

So just keep in mind even if it doesn't go so well at the end of the day u still have ur little one and chances r if u stand ur ground and show that u r ready they will come around

Thank you hun I need them lol :) x

No problem :) you may be surprised how she takes it. Personally, my dad can take it horribly. I don't care anymore. If my dad plans on seeing his first grandchild, he'll cool his jets and learn to live with it :)

I just told them... kinda no other way to do.it really! Ive had mixed reactions, but mostly good.DHS parents have always been great about it. Good lucky! :)

i told my mum over the phone she was excited ! my dad was my dad and said cool and that was that haha (secretly hes excited i can tell haha)
my grandma at first said i had ruined my life i wasnt ready im too young ect then slowly came around , since my grandad and great grandad and great auntie pasted away all in the matter of 2 months at the beginning of this year shes our little ray of hope and now shes so excited and spoiled her rotten !
good luck hun ! it will be fine :D xxx

Don't do what I did :dohh:
I text my mum and turned my phone off!

The best way to do it is tell them in person, but I've seen a lot of girls say writing a letter was a good way if they really could not do it in person :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->