Worried to tell our girl name

Dream.dream

SAHM to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
We have a girl name picked we really love. It's not common right now , we even looked at put provinces name registry and tere was only 2 girls with the name last year

Everyone keeps asking , but I'm paranoid if I let people know that its all of a sudden going to be very popular .

Any one else having this issue?

nope i dont worry but last year my friends called there kids autumn, willow and Sebastian all of which id never heard but are now very popular

I must know!!! Tell us!!! ;)

My baby's name is unusual (Elora) but I'm proud of it. I tell everyone. lol I doubt that enough people will copy me to start a true trend.

I know how you feel... all the names I have picked in the past exploded in popularity. I hate that...

But I want to know what yours is! I'll tell if you do! :) No one here will steal your name, I promise!

We are keeping our names secret from everyone we know just so no one makes dumb comments to us... we don't really want to hear it...

If its a girl her name is going to be Emory . We only heard one person who was an aquintence use it and it was for a boy.

Where we are it's not common but I'm worried if I tell people it's going to spread. And someone we know will use it and wreck it for us if that makes sense

I must know!!! Tell us!!! ;)

My baby's name is unusual (Elora) but I'm proud of it. I tell everyone. lol I doubt that enough people will copy me to start a true trend.

I've only met one elora before its a pretty name

Emory is pretty!

My girl's name choice is Ariel.

there was a lady on here a while ago calling her daughter Lux Emory but that's the only one ive heard of

there was a lady on here a while ago calling her daughter Lux Emory but that's the only one ive heard of

I haven't heard it other then the boy named it and he's 5 .

Ariel is a cute name :)

If its a girl her name is going to be Emory . We only heard one person who was an aquintence use it and it was for a boy.

Where we are it's not common but I'm worried if I tell people it's going to spread. And someone we know will use it and wreck it for us if that makes sense

Very pretty, I really love it. :) It's actually a name I suggested but my DH wouldn't go for it.

Very pretty, I really love it. :) It's actually a name I suggested but my DH wouldn't go for it.

My OH wasn't keen on it at first because he thought it was boy name . But after alot of talking its the only thing we could agree on and now he loves it.

Did you guys decide a name?

My OH wasn't keen on it at first because he thought it was boy name . But after alot of talking its the only thing we could agree on and now he loves it.

Did you guys decide a name?

Yes, we're naming our little girl Elora Isis. :) It's such a relief to have decided. We decided on Elora months ago. It was the first name my husband actually liked. And it turns out, it's the name of the baby princess in the movie Willow, which is one of his favorite movies. We just decided on Isis a few days ago. It's the name of an ancient Egyptian goddess.

I get mostly positive reactions on her name, although sometimes people are really confused by Isis since they don't know what it is. But the people who do know who she is really love it.

It's very elegant .

Ours will be Emory Kristina May

Kristina is a close friend of mine who we arnt sure how much longer she wille around, and may is a family name of mine that every girl gets .

i think Emory is a beautiful name definitely sounds more like a girls name than a boys name to me.

Ive decided when i have my last baby that we will be keeping names a secret, one becuase i don't want anyone putting me off the name (my mum for one :haha: love her to pieces but she can be a bit finnikety with names) and also as it will be my last baby i want everything to be a surprise so even though i may discuss names (on BnB only) a desicion won't be made until baby is born.

MamaFlick - i love your little girls soon to be name! as i mentioned in one of your posts i love Elora and it flows perfectly with Isis :flow:

My advice- keep your name to yourselves! My OH and I are not telling a single person our names till the baby is born. I don't want anyone to try to put me off it and I don't want to know if they hate the name! A lot of people have opinions on names and think that they can change your mind so Im not going to risk it. A few friends of mine who have had children have used names that I don't particularly like buy in my experience once the baby is here and you say 'this is xx' no one will be rude enough to say that don't like it. You will never get everyone to agree on a particular name and i wouldnt like to call my child something knowing that my family hated the name, it would take some of the pleasure out of it for me. At the end of the day if I like it that's good enough for me! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->