worrying comments at my 4d scan

spiceeb

Reaction score
at my 4d scan they did tell me something though that has knocked me a bit.

with my daughter i had emergancy section and then with my son (consultant stopped me attempting vbac when i was 5 days over) i was lucky enough to be able for them to give repeat section through the same scar.

the sonograther told me on saturday that i have an anterior placenta and he was not sure if it had grown into the scar tissue.

does this mean that:

a) i can defo rule out any attempt of vbac for this baby and

b) how will they be able to give me a section

surely they would cut into the placenta.

i will tell midwife wht he said when i go on 27th and i see consultant on 19th next month.

on a positive note,he looked lovely and so much like my son. he measured at 27+3 and approx 2lb9 ( i was 27 weeks exactly on saturday)

is your placenta low? If not it should be OK, but definately mention it to your midwife and consultant and get it checked out.

Did the songrapher say anything else - who you should mention it to - what to do.

Its not very nice of the sonographer to be so vague and worry you x

if it has grown into the scar tissue you won't be able to have a vbac it will def be another section x

I have just posted in 2nd tri this Morning with a similar worry. I had my 20 wek scan this week and was told the placenta is anterior but clear of os. I also had an emergency section with my daughter 2 years ago and have read the palcenta can attach it's self to the old scar tissue and cause problems and I'm really worried now as the doc didn't mention anything at the appointment about my scar just said placenta is at the front but no problem.

Did you get told your placenta was anterior at your 20 wk scan? and did the sonographer say what follow up would be needed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->