Would appreciate thoughts please!

laurac1988

Mummy to Eden
Reaction score
Recently a food store near me has starred doing a 30% off for expectant mothers offer.

I'm trying to make them realise how offensive this is to people suffering with infertility, however they say there is no problem as they have only had three complaints.

I have written a blog showing their reply to my earlier email and asking for suggestions. I would appreciate replied on the blog so that I can send them the link with some of the reasons why this offer is poorly thought out.
My original blog and email to them is here - https://weforgotthesperm.wordpress.com/2014/11/04/dear-bagel-factory/
The second part of the story is here - https://weforgotthesperm.wordpress.com/2014/11/12/dear-bagel-factory-part-two/
Response blog is here - https://weforgotthesperm.wordpress.com/2014/11/20/dear-bagel-factory-part-three/

Many thanks!

Girl, I feel ya! I am so, so, so sick of all the discounts and sales and special parking and blah blah blah blah blah that pregnant women/mothers/families with children get everywhere I go. I've talked to a few managers about their special treatment of people who are able to reproduce, and they try to tell me that those people deserve a discount because children cost a lot/can be a real handful/pregnancy makes women uncomfortable/etc. Makes me so pissed. Uncomfortable is having to have your ovaries stabbed over and over to remove the eggs you get after jabbing yourself with needles for days on end. The people who are carting kids all over the place likely wanted those kids and got to do something totally enjoyable (BD) to get them. And they're the ones who get special treatment??? F**k.

I actually asked one manager (who was running a promotion for mothers if you brought your kid in with you) that if that's the case, then what do I get for going through 5 surgeries, 3 losses, and $50,000 in bills for IVF in the past year and a half alone (on top of everything else associated with the first year of IF treatment during the year before that)? If I bring in my baby's ashes do I then get the discount??? He just stared at me blankly.

Honestly, if people get all these goodies and freebies for just being biologically functional, I'm pretty sure I should get my purchase free, my own gold-plated parking space, and a party at every business I shop at.

If I ever own a business, I will proudly display a sign giving a discount to anyone going through the hell of infertility. And if I ever have a restaurant, there will be a monthly "Infertility Awareness- IVF'ers Eat Free" night. If businesses are going to keep handing out discounts related to a couple's fertility status, maybe they should be helping out the folks who are swimming in debt, not the people who easily did what even a goldfish can do.

And if you want to share what I think of their bagel promotion with those a**hats, feel free to do so!

Thats very unfair if they want to have a 30% discount on bagels it should be for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->