Would I need a double pram?

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
Over half a year left yet! Lol but (if all goes well fingers crossed) ds1 will have turned 2 a couple of weeks before new babys due date. Would I need a double? He already hates his stroller except for when napping but I dont like letting him wander off as he gets up to no good and I always have to be chasing around after him. I cant see him standing still on a buggy board either!
Ive had an icandy peach and loved it but also loving the bugaoo donkey for single or double use. Any advice?

Similar situation here, DS will be 2 and 5 or 6 weeks when second baby arrives. I haven't bothered getting a double and not likely to. I figure that I can wear no. 2 for quite a while and have DS in (or near) the pram if needs be. It will also mean my hands are free too.

DS walks most of the time now anyway and usually I just take the pram if we're going to be out for ages or to carry home my groceries!! I am just spending time really drumming in to him that he needs to stay close by (or he ends up IN the pram). Hoping that 'training' now pays off in March!!

I have a 21 month age gap between my first two. Our double has been used a handful of times. What I found best was to use a sling and a pram. Some of the time baby was in the pram and toddler was walking, some of the time baby was in the sling and toddler was in the pram. Its a good way to introduce your toddler to walking whilst also having somewhere they can sit down and its nice to carry baby in the sling, but also be able to have a break.

The bugaboo donkey is loverly but pricey but then you will get a good deal when you resell.
My son was 2 years and 2 weeks when dd arrived and we went with the phil and teds simply because n hlland tye double side by side strollers are not practical on public transport and n markets etc. i still use it now and im confident will use it this summer with. Umber three

We don't have one :)
I wear DS and DD either walks or goes in the pushchair. It's so much easier imo, I can't imagine trying to push a double pushchair :L
Also, DS sleeps the whole time he's in the wrap. I remember times with DD when she'd wake up from a nap in the pram and be screaming cos she wants to be carried or she's hungry etc. And obviously with a toddler it would be much harder to deal with.

I've been thinking about this too. DS will be nearly 3 when this one arrives but as we live in a rural area trips to the city are all-day affairs and I like to have the stroller handy for him. But double strollers are so costly and look unwieldy. I already struggle with the stroller in some stores.

With one of my lost pregnancies my MiL had offered to make me a sling. I've been afraid to bring it up this time because she likes to say charming things like "don't get your hopes up....anything can happen". But a sling plus the stroller does seem like the best option.

My ds 1 was 2 1/2 when ds2 was born and i didnt bother with a double. You could always get a buggy board. Im pregnant with number 3 and ds2 will be 2 just turned so am thinking of getting a sling for baby number 3....still havent decided yet will see what ds2 is like in a few months time. x

My youngest will have just turned 2 and I'm not getting a double. He's a very confident walker and rarely goes in the pram now only if he's with my mum or being babysat etc. if we go for a full day trip somewhere or holiday then DH will be with me and we can have a pram each! I plan to babywear anyway so I can just mix up who's in the pram, buggy board, walking, sling between them. I won't need a double for everyday life x

Leo is 2 years 4 months at the moment and still in his stroller so I'd say yes! He's at a stage where he's testing boundaries so tries to run off and grab things off shelves in shops etc which he wasn't like 6 months ago and used to walk lovely holding my hand. I'm due in September and Leo will have just turned 3 so I'm planning on babywearing the little one just in case Leo still needs the stroller every now and then x

I had this same dilemma and have ended up buying a double, a buggy board and a carrier, my babies not born yet but I can imagine me using the single stroller for my daughter and having baby in a carrier most the time as my double is a side by side one and I worry about it not getting around some shops lol you could always do something similar so you have a choice of 3 things rather then just having 1 or the other.

My son will be two and a half when baby arrives and at the minute rarely goes in his buggy unless its for a longer walk. We brought a graco tandem pushchair so we have the option of using it if I want to walk into town etc which there and back is too far for my son. We found a really good deal so the pushchair, rain over and cosy toes only cost £150 we guessed at that price it's not the end of the world if it doesn't get used much

I dont really want to use a sling only because im quite large myself and I just dont know why but I feel uuncomfortable! I had one for ds when he was a baby but he didnt like it and I felt weird wearing it! Please dont judge lol but seriously I dont know why I felt like that so id rather have baby in a pram to be honest. I have considered buggy boards but the icandy peach arent compatible with them ive read?

In that case if you could affird the donkey i would swy its a good option? I babywore too but didnt want torun after my toddler with her in a wrap so she spent equal time in th buggy or wrap depending on my mood, my son was the type of two year old that wouldnt sit on a buggy board so the phil & teds worked for us, in fact we used it two days ago to face the sales and both kids sat n it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->