Would it be rude if

auntiesarah25

Reaction score
We didnt have bridesmaids/groomsmen or even a maid of honor? My bff and I are hot and cold lately because of this pregnancy and she's ttc. My sisters - well I wouldn't want them up there with me because one is completely unreliable and the other is a control freak.

So as of this point I'm happiest it just being DF and I standing alone. Would this considered selfish or rude? :shrug:

I dont see anything wrong with this at all! I dont think you should have to stand next to someone because it tradition. Itll save you a few pennies too!

People tend to get upset if you choose someone else instead of them and it gets awkward, but if you're choosing not to do it at all then I don't see the problem. I'm not doing bridesmaids either. My favorite sister will stand with me as maid of honor because I want her to, and that's it. If she hadn't been able to make it (she lives across country) then it would have just been me and OH. Nothing wrong with that. The ones getting married are the only ones who need to be up there.

We're not having any bridesmaids or groomsmen either, my daughter will be a flower girl and thats it. It just seemed easiest in terms of not offending anyone and financially. I don't see any reason why anyone should think it rude though. As my fiance said, its our day and its about us becoming a family and committing to one another, it has nothing to do with anyone else, so why would they need to be part of the ceremony ;)

If you don't have anyone standing with you, you will want to plan ahead who signs the marriage certificate. 2 witnesses must sign and traditionally the maid of honor and best man do so. It could just as easily be parents, friends, the janitors... anyone really. But you'll probably want to figure it out ahead of time so you're not scrambling at the moment of signing due to not planning for it. Easy thing to do though so no biggie.

Thanks for the feedback ladies. My sis is all excited about helping plan and so is my bff - I really want to do the majority of it myself as I'm a bit of a control freak myself. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->