would love a weight loss and ttc buddy :)

LindseyGarth

Reaction score
hey ladies im just wondering if anyone would be my weight loss and ttc buddy i has a mmc in august 2011 and have put on quite abit of weight since then im not having regular periods i think due to me weight gain im now on slimming world and trying to regulate my periods id love to share the same journey with somebody in the same boat as me :):happydance:

Hiya, Im in :)
Really sorry for your loss. I had a mmc at the same time as you, so let's get through this together.

Im just over 13st and my BMI is just over 30.

So far today Ive had a juice (pear, kiwi, celery, cucumber, ginger). Ive recently got back into juicing & really enjoying it. Even got DH into it!
Im about to make porridge with almond milk and a stewed apple, topped with some nuts.

I definitely need to do a lot more exercise. I had been getting into couch to 5k (free NHS podcasts) up to my (disasterous) ivf cycle last month, so will get back into that. Today is CD1 so I'll just get a walk in today.

Do you use My Fitness Pal? I lost a stone using that last year, havent been using it for a while but might get back to it. Im not in slimming world but keen to lose weight through diet and exercise.
My main weakness is choc!

Good luck x

Hi hun :) thank you for your reply I can't say I've ever tried my fittness pal I'll have a look into it, I've been eating alot of fruit when I get hungry my weakness is definatly chocolatte too even more so around the time af shows her face im currently 18 st :0 trying my hardest to get the weight off im at the weight I was when I concieved bit I hate being like this I want to be health and have a healthy body for my beam to grow in :-

Hi, I'm 14st with a BMI of 32 and have started SW, lost 9lb so far. I'm not TTC yet, hoping to get into healthy BMI first but would love to be weight loss buddies. The sooner i get this weight off the sooner we can TTC! xx

Hi hun welcome :) if ws all stick together we will battle the buldge ! Haha :))

Hi Lindsay & Laura, it does help to have buddies for weightloss & ttc. What kind of stuff are you both eating and drinking? Are you doing any exercise?
Im starting off the day with a homemade juice of fruit/veg.
Breakfast ideas:
Veg omlette (no cheese)
Porridge with banana or stewed apple
Lunch:
Baked potato & salad
Soup
Dinner:
Bean chilli
Lental dal
Veg fried rice
Fish (not battered) & veg

I try to snack on fruit & nuts.
I drink water, hot water, green tea & mint tea - so very little caffine & no fizzy pop.
I have had red wine this week (booo), and feel rubbish for that, so add wine aling with chocolate for my weaknesses.
I started gluten free a couple of months ago and although it was hard at the start Im enjoying it now - there is a link between gluten & infertility & miscarriage & when I read about it the symptoms really fitted with me. Ive been a vegetarian for years but started eating fish about 8 months again to help with fertility (chinese dr really wanted both me & dh to do this).

I find exercise hard & mostly im just getting out for walks, i know thats a good starting point but i know I also need to do a bit more.

For each of us I think we need to really look at what we are doing now in terms of food, drink & exercise and think of what we can realistically do to help with that weightloss. So for me - less choc & wine & more exercise, either walking more or back to the couch to 5k plan.

Good luck xx

Yesterday bad: ate a lot of cheese
Yesterday good: did a couch to 5k session on MILs treadmill :)

Here's my exercise plan to (hopefully!) shift the pounds:
Couch to 5k - twice a wk
Hour wlk - twice a week
Yoga - once a week
Wii - once/twice a week
Light handweights - three times a week

If I could stick to that Id def be on the right track!

Here's to not eating any crap today! :thumbup:

Visualisations are meant to help ttc dieting. Everytime you get a craving or reach out for food visualise the baby you are hoping for and ask yourself if that food/drink will be positive in terms of helping you get your baby xx

I'd love to join in on the weight loss part if you're looking for more buddies! I actually lost weight while pregnant and am still 10lbs lighter than I was when I got pregnant, but am definitely in the obese BMI category still. I feel like I need some people to help motivate me to keep at it! I need some accountability! I also had a MC immediately before I became pregnant with my little girl last year, so I know about the pain associated with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->